This week at Warmoth

tfarny said:
I can see that with badly warped necks, but bodies with a chip out of them? You guys should shave off the logo and donate them to an African rocknroll charity. Seriously, the thought of throwing ebony or Pao Ferro in the wood chipper isn't cool.

Yeah, but ebony sure burns hot!  Takes longer to get going than figured maple though.

Wyliee said:
tfarny said:
I can see that with badly warped necks, but bodies with a chip out of them? You guys should shave off the logo and donate them to an African rocknroll charity. Seriously, the thought of throwing ebony or Pao Ferro in the wood chipper isn't cool.

Yeah, but ebony sure burns hot!  Takes longer to get going than figured maple though.

This is TOP NOTCH DARK HUMOR  :evil4:

tfarny said:

+1 We should not be wasting this stuff...

I agree, but it definitely removes the possibility of sub par Warmoth parts floating around out there for people to complain about.  Also considering the waste involved, it's incentive for someone to not turn out half-assed stuff on a bad Monday.  Either top notch or....sawdust  :sad:

WTS Warmoth Duraflames  :laughing7:

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
If it doesn't pass QC, it meets the Chipper.  No dumpster diving at Warmoth would be fruitful.  Big Red isn't gonna let something out the door with his name on it that doesn't meet his quality standards.

Do you have any first hand knowledge of back stories on the pieces on the forum?  Like a hypothetical of somebody raving about their piece and your thinking, "If they only knew?"  Is there ever the scenario of an order calling for a solid finish, but the wood is too nice so it waits for an uglier piece of wood.  I would like to think so.

There's a foot of snow on everything here... I haven't left my apt since Thursday.  o_O

+1 on not destroying the factory seconds.  Stamp em "second" and send them to these guys http://www.charitymusic.org/

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
If it doesn't pass QC, it meets the Chipper.  No dumpster diving at Warmoth would be fruitful.  Big Red isn't gonna let something out the door with his name on it that doesn't meet his quality standards.

Do you have any first hand knowledge of back stories on the pieces on the forum?  Like a hypothetical of somebody raving about their piece and your thinking, "If they only knew?"  Is there ever the scenario of an order calling for a solid finish, but the wood is too nice so it waits for an uglier piece of wood.  I would like to think so.

Usually if something like that happens, and a customer is firm about what they wanted, the piece ends up on the showcase.  Maybe it'll get sanded back & re-finished, but each case is different, and handled differently.

Xplorervoodoo said:
But you won't get any weather sympathy from a Canadian  :laughing7:

Totally.

It was hovering between -35  and - 50 the week before christmas.  and that celcius.... which is *checks* - 30 to -60 in farenheit roughly.

Those pics look cold!  It's been pretty cold here in San Diego, as well.  41 deg at 6:30 am.  But it still usually hits 70 by noon.  :icon_biggrin:

Volitions Advocate said:
Xplorervoodoo said:
But you won't get any weather sympathy from a Canadian  :laughing7:

Totally.

It was hovering between -35  and - 50 the week before christmas.  and that celcius.... which is *checks* - 30 to -60 in farenheit roughly.

Ours has been going from -20C to 12C in the span of a day or two...  Back and forth.  Been like that for a couple weeks now.  But I suppose that's what they say about Nova Scotia:  If you don't like the weather, just wait a minute, it'll change  :laughing7:

Here in North-Central Norway it rained on Christmas Eve, got icy cold the next three days, and it snowed early this morning.

The rain came on the weekend and washed it all away.  Just a few dirty snow piles left that look like Hollywood movie props (boulders & rocks).

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
TonyFlyingSquirrel said:

Usually if something like that happens, and a customer is firm about what they wanted, the piece ends up on the showcase.  Maybe it'll get sanded back & re-finished, but each case is different, and handled differently.
Does this mean that in the event of incredible revealed figuring, that the customer might get a call or e-mail?  "Excuse me customer, are you sure about Black Gloss?  I'd think twice if I were you.  This piece is incredible, we need to talk"

Didn't the dude who got that mahogany SG body get a call or something like that?
Recommending a trans. paint job?

Back