Meanwhile, at Warmoth.....SNOW DAY!!

BigSteve22 said:
Mayfly said:
oh come on!  you could easily shovel that out!  :headbang:
I could, if I didn't just spend 2-1/2 hours shoveling out the driveway! Gett'n old and weak......  :tard:

Ah - yea that's understandable.  I confess I have an unfair advantage:  we hire a snow removal service every year.  They take care of the driveway.  They use these things:

oct-24-dump-539.jpg

Nice! I've been using one of these bad boys......
oGelDYW.jpg

My dad bought it in 1990, and I inherited it when he passed away. It's still going strong. Unfortunately, this last foot of snow stripped out one of the drive belts. Fortunately, Toro belts are still available for it. On order and in transit in time for the next round of snow. Someday soon I'm going to have to buy a "real" snowblower, but not this season!

I'd sure like to see the consensus of not so smart people people that know it all explain away our 38° higher than average day we are having here in Sunny Southern Colorado. It is waaaay too early in the year for me to start getting project fever. I could spray lacquer in my garage in the middle of February!!!!!

To be fair, even here in Michigan where you'd think everybody would be old hands at driving on ice/snow, the first few snowfalls of the year are like one huge demolition derby. Somehow, the majority of the population forgets that snow and ice are slippery and has to learn how to drive on it all over again. Whaddaya gonna do? A surprising number of people are just like chickens - every day is a new life. We always laugh at the cities that shut down over 2" of snow, but they honestly not only don't know how to deal with it, they don't even own the equipment to fight the stuff.

Even in winter here the coldest temp it gets is around 7 Celsius, or around 44 Fahrenheit.

Check out the snow on our garage this morning!

index.php

I thought it was pretty cool.  Kids wanted to poke it to see if it would all come down in one big <whump!>  :)

Beautiful. Makes me feel like a wimp living here on the central coast in California, though. :laughing11:

You can have Stockholm. And Gimo was a little too small, but Sandviken was a nice quaint town. Would love to see it again some day, just not bad enough for the plane tickets.

Never heard of Gimo before, and, yes, I can see why you thought that was a little small :icon_biggrin:
And I've never been to Sandviken, so I wouldn't know.
As for Stockholm - I only work there, but I prefer the south of Sweden were I live.
But should you get those plane ticket, let me know, and maybe I could show you around.
All the best from snowy Sweden. :icon_thumright:

I'm actually thinking about one day doing exchange in Sweden for university. How important would be knowing Swedish?

Back