Meanwhile, at Warmoth...the Kramer Nightswan protoypes

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
New blog article today:

FrenchDoors.jpg

If you cut your guitar-playing teeth in the 80’s, you probably remember Kramer’s Nightswan guitar. You probably also remember the magazine ad that was so ubiquitous at the time: Vivian Campbell leaning against a white French door, hair perfectly teased, while a fog machine and a lightning storm rage outside. What you might not be aware of, however, is the role Warmoth played in the genesis of this iconic guitar. Time to get hip.

Read the rest here: http://blog.warmoth.com/2016/07/20/warmoth-kramer-nightswan-prototypes/

Yes, I too, remember that one.
I actually had a listen to some vintage Def Leppard on Youtube a moment ago. Pre Vivian Campbell.
I remember seeing them in London at the Marquee (I think it was) just as their first album hit the shelves. Met and talked to some the band members.
Ah, the memories ...

I remember the Guitar ads, probably still have some magazines with it in. I saw Vivian playing once in 85 I think with Dio. There was also a dragon onstage with them.

Believe it or not, I already knew that...I've been a Kramer Maniaxe for about 30 odd years... :party07:

Big hair. What a pain in the ass taking care of that was. Don't miss it a bit.

I was gonna make a snarky comment about Vivian actually having hair (just thinking about receeding hair line) when I remembered he was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma a few years back. It's in remission (again) for a couple years now - so I guess it's fair game :)

I gotta wonder though - even back then - how many of those manes were real. Not only does it take years and years to grow that out, making a wig part of your stage persona makes icognito your default mode of walking around.

Yip, it takes years...from the time I was 19 up until 2010 I had long hair. Yes thru the 80's had the mullet, then all one length until I had it buzzed off. My wife freaked out and wants me to grow it back, but no dice... :headbang4:
me%203_zpsnbijheh3.jpg

Funny everyone talking about hair. I had hair down past my shoulders until Thursday, got angry cause I play a ton of sport and chopped it all off. Still, that is something awesome, I didn't realise Warmoth was so good even back then... :turtle:

Back