June Guitar/Bass of the Month: WINNER!!!!!!

Who Should Win

• Total voters
1  CONFIGUREDPICKGUARD  Custom Pickguard
2 FTK1B Flat Top Knob, Black
1 S2 Pickguard Screw, Dozen, Black
1 SSK1B Strat Switch Knob, Black
1 CTS500 500K Pot, By CTS
1 Z35 Copper Shielding Tape, 8" x 12"

I had to order a black pearl PG...
:eek:ccasion14:

tubby.twins said:
I submit my maple & bubinga Gecko fretless 5-string bass for consideration.  It has a clear satin finish from Warmoth.  The neck is unfinished (of course).

URL with more pics:  http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=12209.0

IMG_0048.JPG

I never saw this coming, but it's totally getting my vote so far

Hannaugh, you know that your strat is one of my favorites on the board and will have my vote hands down...  :icon_thumright:

hannaugh said:
This is the wiring that is in there: http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2009/Jul/Gibson_50s_wiring_on_a_Stratocaster.aspx

I had seen that wiring diagram before but have never tried it. 
Does anybody on the forum have this wiring along with a regular wired strat for comparison? 
If so, I would be interested in hearing your thoughts about the difference.

Have a great holiday everyone and  :rock-on:

Yeah, Hannaugh, those pics turned out much better. One other tidbit for ya, you always hear people saying "Take pictures in the natural light of the sun for best results". Well, that's true to a point. With that pearl pickguard the sunlight you're going to want is either early in the morning or late in the afternoon/early evening. The daytime sun is just way too bright for things that are light colored like that, especially with the reflective pearl stuff there. But, again, these recent pics are worlds better.
MULLY

Yeah, I took these at the crack of dawn, and it was overcast.  Even then it was almost too much light.

hannaugh said:
Yeah, I took these at the crack of dawn, and it was overcast.  Even then it was almost too much light.

You can step that ISO down to about 100 if it's too bright.
MULLY

I think most people who know photography will tell you that a slightly overcast sky will result in the best color and light

dNA said:
I think most people who know photography will tell you that a slightly overcast sky will result in the best color and light

Exactly. Never take pics of people in the afternoon sun either, everyone ends up squinting.
MULLY

mullyman said:
hannaugh said:

MULLY

I put it on ISO mode, but if there was a way to change the ISO number, I couldn't find it.

hannaugh said:
mullyman said:
hannaugh said:

MULLY

I put it on ISO mode, but if there was a way to change the ISO number, I couldn't find it.
The ISO setting is usually in the menu...That's how I have to get to my ISO settings on my Olympus...

hannaugh said:
mullyman said:
hannaugh said:

MULLY

I kept that manual on my computer, I'll check it after lunch. Writing from my iPhone now.
MULLY

Okay, guess I'll throw my hat in the ring. My completely Warmoth hollow body VIP. Black dyed flame maple top on Mahogany body, maple neck with ebony fingerboard and headstock veneer, Wilkinson VS100 Trem, Gotoh locking tuners and TUSQ XL nut. Actually setup this one back in April

the inlays are stick-on ebay ones. i have since removed them, as they felt weird. The neck now just has the original MOP dots

nexrex said:
Okay, guess I'll throw my hat in the ring. My completely Warmoth hollow body VIP. Black dyed flame maple top on Mahogany body, maple neck with ebony fingerboard and headstock veneer, Wilkinson VS100 Trem, Gotoh locking tuners and TUSQ XL nut. Actually finished this one back in April

When you say "finished," as in the finish or as in finished assembling?

ill guess assembling but if thats his finish that would be damn impressive
i love the turtle in the f-hole  :icon_thumright:

I wish that was my finish. I have neither the time or the patience to do something that good. :toothy11:

Back