VOTE HERE! June 2013 Guitar of the Month

Which instrument should be the June 2013 Guitar of the Month?

• Guitar #1: by Fretless

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Guitar #2: by Dereck Ruppe

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GOM

Ladies, and Gents,

In the several years that the Guitar of the Month contest has been active, there has never before been a situation such as what occurred this month.

This month, two entries were submitted, and after voting started, one entrant disqualified themselves.

After careful consideration, it was decided that the contest would be best served if further voting was locked.  Additionally, the option is available to zero out all votes, but this option was not implemented.  The voting shows entrant number one, Fretless, to be the vote leader, as well as the sole valid participant in the contest.  The GOM staff feels that showing the vote tally will add credibility to entry number one being declared the winner of the June 2013 Guitar of the Month contest - which staff feels was rightfully won based on the number of votes tallied when the contest was abruptly ended, and not solely by default.

As always - great entries, and thanks for all the support and participation by contestants and viewers/voters(judges!). 

GOM staff

The time for submissions has expired, so let the voting begin, and let the best instrument win!

Results will be visible after all voting has (automatically) ended.

Best of luck to all contestants!

And... thank you for all the great submissions

Yeah, same here. I completely forgot about it, since there were so few entries the thread never showed up as unread.

where is everybody , I vote #2  :icon_biggrin: Which is freakin stunning :love

Easiest GOM voting decision I've ever made, even though I like both of them.

Hmm can you say awkward.

My name's Derek and that's my guitar that I accidentally sent in for GOM.  :icon_jokercolor:

I didn't leave the appropriate descriptions and my username because I realized my guitar isn't eligible for the "owner finished" category. The body is Warmoth made and finished. I didn't even assemble this guitar, Mike Lull did.

But, I guess the moderators just threw it in because of the lack of entries. Vote for fretless, that's an awesome owner-finished guitar and legitimate entry!

Aw, geez! I wondered why I didn't recognize the name and never saw a build thread on it.

1361697-abbott_and_costello.jpg

This is another fine mess you've got me into!

But you did finish the neck yourself ..... didn't you ?  :dontknow:

That would make it legit then.  :icon_thumright:

Updown said:
But you did finish the neck yourself ..... didn't you ?  :dontknow:

That would make it legit then.  :icon_thumright:

It would? I did oil the neck, but can the body be Warmoth finished?

Anyways, I sent in the proper info so hopefully it can be edited.  :doh:

Ah man, I got real busy and didn't submit this time!
Still, these are both really nice guitars!  :icon_thumright:
:guitarplayer2:

LushTone said:
Hmm can you say awkward.

My name's Derek and that's my guitar that I accidentally sent in for GOM.  :icon_jokercolor:

I didn't leave the appropriate descriptions and my username because I realized my guitar isn't eligible for the "owner finished" category. The body is Warmoth made and finished. I didn't even assemble this guitar, Mike Lull did.

But, I guess the moderators just threw it in because of the lack of entries. Vote for fretless, that's an awesome owner-finished guitar and legitimate entry!

No, the GOM staff included the entry because they took it at face value that the instrument was eligible.  You gave them nothing to go by.  You didn't try to clarify later, after realizing that the instrument didn't qualify.  Staff is having  trouble  understanding how you intentionally didn't leave your user name and instrument description because you knew it didn't qualify, yet accidentally submitted it.  None the less, thanks for coming forward and disqualifying yourself.

Official Rules:
6.  “Owner finished’, within the scope of the GOM contest, shall be defined as an instrument, guitar or bass, that has had its paint, dye, stain, clear coats or other finish applied, in total, by the owner of the instrument.

Wow how unusual  :redflag:  ok fyi my supastrat was just tested and is indeed on steroids  :headbang1:

Wow I didn't realize accidentally emailing 2 pictures would result in such a mess. Maybe if there were more entrants they would've left it out like I assumed they would. Like I said, I didn't even leave my username/description as the rules dictate. I guess I'm new to my iPhone mail app.  :doh: Wouldn't that keep the entry from being posted? Nope, too funny.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 317
:icon_scratch: ... then that means.

Congrats fretless  :icon_thumright: ...... GOTM  :guitarplayer2:

Thanks Fellas ! I kinda feel like I ran a race and all the other drivers sat out .  :toothy11:

Still a damn nice guitar, so take your strokes where you can get 'em. You did a good job and deserve recognition for it.

Cagey said:
Still a damn nice guitar, so take your strokes where you can get 'em. You did a good job and deserve recognition for it.

Yes, indeed! It's not your fault the competition was sparse this month. Fine job on that axe!

Back