June Guitar/Bass of the Month: WINNER!!!!!!

Who Should Win

• Total voters
Well it's done except for set up so I suppose this would be the month to throw it in the ring. If I can get better pics of it before the deadline I'll throw them on, otherwise these will have to do.

My first build, swamp ash/quilted maple. Dyed black top. Goncalo Alves neck/Pau Ferro fingerboard. Nickle plated hardware.  Fender CS Fat 50's, Callaham bridge, Sperzel tuners. And of course it's rocking the turtle on the DangerousR6 neck plate! 

GOTM_2280_xl.jpg

GOTM_2366.jpg

GOTM_2263_xl.jpg

GOTM_2343_xl.jpg

Might as well drop my first build in here.

Alder body, maple top, cherryburst finish, 3 ply white pearl scratch plate, AAA birdseye maple neck with Wolfgang back and fingerboard radius, 6105 SS frets, Wilkinson trem, schaller locking tuners, bone nut. DiMarzio Tone Zone S in the bridge with a push/push pot for coil tap. Center is DiMarzio Area 61 and the neck is DiMarzio Heavy Blues II. I know a lot of you don't like the tape over the hole but I would hope you can look past that. It's just one of my little quirks with my guitars. hehe!!
MULLY

4473094588_9faabb2824_b.jpg

4472315377_d0dac813ba_b.jpg

4472314621_7bcdb8c2bc_b.jpg

4473090836_4e087e376a_b.jpg

mullyman said:
I know a lot of you don't like the tape over the hole but I would hope you can look past that. It's just one of my little quirks with my guitars. hehe!!

It's not a big deal to me.  I'm more puzzled by the upside-down decal on the headstock...

Nice top and finish on that body!

i'm fine with the tape over the pickguard hole. i actually think it's kind of cool. if i see a guitar with that tape or an upside down logo then i know immediately it's a product of mully :icon_biggrin: my only problem with it is that it's too perfect. the black tape always looks like somebody just microsoft painted it on. i remember with the white strat i was trying to figure out why you added a little censor-block on the pickguard :icon_scratch:

tubby.twins said:
mullyman said:
I know a lot of you don't like the tape over the hole but I would hope you can look past that. It's just one of my little quirks with my guitars. hehe!!

It's not a big deal to me.  I'm more puzzled by the upside-down decal on the headstock...

Nice top and finish on that body!

Ahh, that. That was actually an after thought joke. My friend was here helping me with the build. When we got everything finished I said "well, only thing left is the decal" I wasn't paying attention and I started to put it on upside down and my friend caught me. I was like " whew, imagine that, all that work to get everything perfect and then I screw it up by putting the decal on upside down" then I looked at the decal and saw that it was balanced on each end so, why not.  Everyone has a guitar with the name on right side up, why keep up with the Jones'? That's the story.
MULLY

JaySwear said:
i'm fine with the tape over the pickguard hole. i actually think it's kind of cool. if i see a guitar with that tape or an upside down logo then i know immediately it's a product of mully :icon_biggrin: my only problem with it is that it's too perfect. the black tape always looks like somebody just microsoft painted it on. i remember with the white strat i was trying to figure out why you added a little censor-block on the pickguard :icon_scratch:

Well, I just cut a piece of tape off and stuck it on there. I didn't measure or try to make it perfect in any way.
MULLY

I don't know about guitar players but in the world of motorcycles, displaying a logo upside down is commonly meant as a sign of protest against whatever company the logo belongs to...

Rouse said:
There you go, knucklehead G
1trnzo.png

2vltw5i.png

I'd love to throw my Strat (see avatar) in there along with ol' Murph, seeing as how they look like brothers, but it's not even a halfmoth... It was built with a lot of help from the board, but I don't think that counts.  :(

DesmoDog said:
I don't know about guitar players but in the world of motorcycles, displaying a logo upside down is commonly meant as a sign of protest against whatever company the logo belongs to...

Try not to put too much thought into it or make it into something it's not. Think of it more as my reverse head stock.....minus the headstock being reversed. HAHAHA!!!!
MULLY

I didn't take it as any sort of sign from you, I'm just sayin'... there is that interpretation out there.

mmm... bengal burst....  lovely!

Would it be considered honorable to not vote for myself, or just wrong???    :dontknow:

DesmoDog said:

Would it be considered honorable to not vote for myself, or just wrong???    :dontknow:
When I enter, I know I'm voting for myself. I mean, the guy I'm voting for has EVERYTHING I like in a guitar  :laughing7:

Max said:
DesmoDog said:

When I enter, I know I'm voting for myself. I mean, the guy I'm voting for has EVERYTHING I like in a guitar  :laughing7:

But I like so MANY guitars! (I'm not even a fan of Les Pauls... but that's purty...)

In fact if a tigers eye finish shows up I'm puling my pics.  :icon_biggrin:

DesmoDog said:

If you don't vote for yourself, what are you saying?

I would never vote for myself.

Being as I entered the contest myself, (Well, not this month.) of course I want myself to win, so that's kind of biased.
It's saying "My guitar is better than everyone else's."

line6man said:
It's saying "My guitar is better than everyone else's."

If you don't think that's true, why enter a contest to see who's the best?

I will no longer vote for any finish that has flame or quilt... practically everything is flame or quilt... it's so commonplace here now that it's cliche, passe and boring.

It's like hearing "Stairway To Heaven" for the millionth time.

Where's the imagination?

Let's see what you can do creatively *without* having to rely upon a flashy flame or quilt to pull you towards victory...  :laughing7:

That being said, I dig Rouse's - excellent (and striking) color combo of cherry red, black and white:

Rouse said:
30507_396074708670_547813670_4375998_6825463_n.jpg

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=10447.0

Back