June Guitar/Bass of the Month: WINNER!!!!!!

Who Should Win

• Total voters
It is black dye, not the washed. The look tends to change with the light and angle. Here's one with indoor lighting:

mullyman said:
DesmoDog said:
I don't know about guitar players but in the world of motorcycles, displaying a logo upside down is commonly meant as a sign of protest against whatever company the logo belongs to...

Try not to put too much thought into it or make it into something it's not. Think of it more as my reverse head stock.....minus the headstock being reversed. HAHAHA!!!!
MULLY

Yeah, whatever Mully - you anti-Warmoth son-of-bitch!  :evil4:

ORCRiST said:
mullyman said:
DesmoDog said:
I don't know about guitar players but in the world of motorcycles, displaying a logo upside down is commonly meant as a sign of protest against whatever company the logo belongs to...

Try not to put too much thought into it or make it into something it's not. Think of it more as my reverse head stock.....minus the headstock being reversed. HAHAHA!!!!
MULLY

Yeah, whatever Mully - you anti-Warmoth son-of-bitch!  :evil4:

HAHAHA!! Post of the week!
MULLY

the contest is still open, right?

well, here's my puppy:

its about the purple mist burst. Sorry for the koa on the pic, but those were the only pics I have where the guitar looks even REMOTELY to what she looks like in real life. IRL, the purple is much deeper, the grey is grey-er, the gold is supershiny, the rosewood is darker.

and the tone?

:party07:

Rouse said:
Orpheo said:
Sorry for the koa on the pic

Can we still vote for it?  :laughing7:

haha, nah, can't send in 2 guitars I suppose. besides, I like the purplemistburst MUCH better, when it comes to finishes. the koa is 'just' plain natural.

besides, I like my other koa better (the top is more nicely figured)

PB290017.jpg

though its an OLD picture, I now have gold covers, better pickups (yeah, better than qtuners), and a prettier wiring.

Orpheo said:
Rouse said:
Orpheo said:
Sorry for the koa on the pic

Can we still vote for it?  :laughing7:

haha, nah, can't send in 2 guitars I suppose. besides, I like the purplemistburst MUCH better, when it comes to finishes. the koa is 'just' plain natural.

besides, I like my other koa better (the top is more nicely figured)

PB290017.jpg

though its an OLD picture, I now have gold covers, better pickups (yeah, better than qtuners), and a prettier wiring.
The koa is nice, and definately one of my fav choices for a guitar top. But I like your purpleheart one best.... :icon_biggrin:

I guess I'll throw in my VW... :dontknow:

VW body, flamed koa top/ black korina back. Satin finish...

Birdseye maple neck/fretboard...EB headstock

SD Invader/bridge, Kent Armstrong/neck
VW-koa.jpg

VW-back.jpg

VW-neck.jpg

Oh my, a VW. I've never seen one. Just remember seeing them on the site many years ago. Me likey. Gotta ask though, man, are you happy with the position of the switch? Looks like it would be in the way. I may vote for this one though.
MULLY

mullyman said:
Oh my, a VW. I've never seen one. Just remember seeing them on the site many years ago. Me likey. Gotta ask though, man, are you happy with the position of the switch? Looks like it would be in the way. I may vote for this one though.
MULLY
Thanks Mully, ya the switch looks kinda out of place but it really is handy right there... :icon_biggrin:

That VW is sweet...    :headbang:
I don't think I have seen a pic of that one before.  I am really dinggin' it.
Is that the original Dangerous Doug neckplate? 

Back