Jazzmaster Build with a Home Finish

It'll have
bridge
bridge and neck parallel
neck
bridge and neck series
bridge and neck out of phase series
bridge and neck out of phase parallel
I love the nasally out of phase settings and then the over the top series omph. 

It makes it a clean look and no need for push pulls.

Affixed the pickguard ...
used tape to hold it down
used a punch to gently get the hole marked
used tape to make sure I didn't drill down too far.
used a new drill bit
put in screws.

I used a smaller knob for the tone.  I got the idea from a bass.

Attachments

• JM pickguard situated.jpg
    JM pickguard situated.jpg
    396.1 KB · Views: 29
  • JM pickguard drill guide mark.jpg
    JM pickguard drill guide mark.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 16
  • JM pickguard drill hole.jpg
    JM pickguard drill hole.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 18
  • JM pickguard fully attached.jpg
    JM pickguard fully attached.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 43
October 3, 2019.  Dropped off the git at the guitar tech.  Told it could take a month for soldering and set-up due to back up.  It's better I leave it with him as it would take me two months at the rate I'm going.  Plus as much as I like guitar making I gotta do other stuff.  Anyway, I got a free gigbag.  Apparently someone left it behind and they didn't want it.  :bananaguitar:

Got it back from the tech, and it plays great.  I'll post some beauty shots when we get some good weather.

Weighs 7Lbs  3.2 oz.  Exactly 5 oz less than my optimum weight, feels like a feather. 

Not really thrilled with the case.  It looks great, but is cheaply made, worth the $50 I paid, but will take about $50 worth of improvements to make it worthy.  Thinking getting another sturdier case.  I contacted Reverend and asked them if their tear drop case would fit a standard jazzmaster, and they said it "should".  So I'm going to order one of their cases from a place that has a return policy, and if that doesn't work then go for the gator.  I know the SKB is the primo case, but I just don't like the look.  Yes, I'm that shallow.

Edit:  The standard reverend case doesn't fit.  Looks like I'll go with a Gator case.  I suppose I'll store my $50 Guitarfetish case as an emergency case in the rafters of my garage, along with my emergency bass gig bag.

And then I gotta think of a strap.  Reckon black leather or dark brown maybe walnut.

That looks absolutely awesome Rick. Love everything about it.
What an excellent guitar you've made. Bravo! :icon_thumright:

Actually, it did come out pretty awesome.  The freeway switch is a lot of fun, I get the three standard configs, plus series, and two out of phases.  At volume the out of phase series gets me some nice funk nasal sounds, and the plain series is hot.

Back