FINALLY (Blue LP Update w/ Pics!)

hannaugh

Master Member
I FINALLY got my machine heads for my LP, so after I get those on it's off to my tech for a couple things and then final setup.  I'll post some update pics as soon as I finish putting on the tuners. 

I got chrome Gotoh Magnum locking tuners.  I wasn't gonna get locking ones, but at the last minute I decided to just do it. 

Here are some update photos.  I just stuck the humbuckers in there for the pic cause the holes aren't drilled into the top for the mounting rings yet. 

3406014018_993d6a1e2d_o.jpg

3406008106_52175ef336_b.jpg

3406007858_43ab71bb7d_b.jpg

I dropped it off at my tech's today.  I should have it back sometime over the weekend, and then it's time to ROCK!!! 

that is some sweet looking blue!  Like a topo map of the ocean during a hurricane!  Love it.

What kind of Pups are those???

Lookin' good there, Hannaugh!

Here's a thought...take a walk on the wild side...get rid of those knobs and replace them with knurled silver knobs.  :icon_thumright:

DocNrock said:

Here's a thought...take a walk on the wild side...get rid of those knobs and replace them with knurled silver knobs.   :icon_thumright:

No way.  I love my knobs that go to 11.

The pups are these: http://www.agi-lace.com/electric_pickups/alumitone/alumitone_specs.php

http://www.lacemusic.com/soundbites/sound_bites_details.php?userID=1

Blue313 said:
Wow, this is going to be killer!

What are you planning for a truss rod cover?

I ordered a chrome one that will have the Les Paul signature engraved in it.

DocNrock said:

Here's a thought...take a walk on the wild side...get rid of those knobs and replace them with knurled silver knobs.   :icon_thumright:
Very beautiful indeed hannaugh, but Imma have to agree with Doc. Get some chrome knobs that go to eleven....Those just look out of place... :dontknow:

Gorgeous, as we all said before, but I've gotta +3 on those knobs. Silver or something would be be better- the amber just doesn't go with the rest of it.
I hope those pickups give you the sound you want - they look very sci fi.

Disreguard my question about the nut, I just saw your "out of the box" post.

Am I the one with the problem about people saying it's a "feminine" guitar?  I didn't realize you were female until I went searching for other posts to see if it was an Earvana nut.  That guitar doesn't look feminine to me at all!  Awesome blueburst finish on amazing quilt maple and black korina in clear gloss!  What about that is feminine?  I bet there isn't a guy on this board that wouldn't be proud straping that amazing thing on and making it scream, cry, sing, wail!!!

Sorry about the gender soapbox, but its all about guitars to me!

Back