FINALLY (Blue LP Update w/ Pics!)

Orpheo said:
dmraco said:
Orpheo said:
ah, no dimarzio pickups. just bland sounding, boring...

my diMarzio Breed and Evo PUs rock.  I like them more than duncan PU I have had...(pearly gates, CUstom/Custom)

I've had those too, but for me, dimarzio's sound a bit flat, dull, boring, not so complex as I'd like.

Sorry Orpheo, I have to disagree.  I think DiMarzio's are the most organic and dynamic of all the pups I've tried over the years.  That includes Seymours and EMGs.  I cannot comment on the Bare Knuckles.  I do like the Rio Grande single coils, also, but haven't tried their humbuckers.  To sum, I'd at least take DiMarzios over most Seymours every day of the week.

But hey, tone is a personal thing.  :icon_thumright:

hannaugh said:
I have been thinking the SD Jazz would be good for the neck.  I want something with some oomph for the bridge though, for that badass rock I love so much. 

Air Zone bridge and Air Norton neck.  :icon_biggrin:

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
DocNrock said:
hannaugh said:
I have been thinking the SD Jazz would be good for the neck.  I want something with some oomph for the bridge though, for that badass rock I love so much. 

Air Zone bridge and Air Norton neck.   :icon_biggrin:
You mean tone zone?

Nope.  The Air Zone is still aggressive, but is much more open sounding than the Tone Zone.  The Tone Zone would be my preference, but for what Hannaugh is describing as the sound she is searching for, I think she'd be more happy with the Air Zone.

DocNrock said:
Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
DocNrock said:
hannaugh said:

Air Zone bridge and Air Norton neck.  :icon_biggrin:
You mean tone zone?

Nope.  The Air Zone is still aggressive, but is much more open sounding than the Tone Zone.  The Tone Zone would be my preference, but for what Hannaugh is describing as the sound she is searching for, I think she'd be more happy with the Air Zone.
Oh, I hadn't heard of the Air Zone. But it sounds good.

Back