Planning for 2-humbucker Strat

That is easy to do, you would just need an on-on-on toggle switch for each humbucker wired appropriately. Such as like this.I
I should've clarified - I meant this is not possible to do while still using the Freeway switch. So there's no way to get the setup in the diagram I posted when using the DPDTs immediately after the pickups(?). If I'm mistaken, please correct me!

Just my luck, I have On-On instead of On-On-On, but still looking to try it.

Last edited:
I should've clarified - I meant this is not possible to do while still using the Freeway switch. So there's no way to get the setup in the diagram I posted when using the DPDTs immediately after the pickups(?). If I'm mistaken, please correct me!

Why would it not be possible?
Which specific Freeway Switch and which diagram are you using?
It should be a case of selecting the switch and scheme that would work with the on-on-on switches to achieve what you are looking to do. There are certainly possibilities to do this.

Last edited:
buckers.pngFrom what I can tell, this would require the neck pickup's south start wire, which is needed for the DPDT prior to the Freeway?

From what I can tell, this would require the neck pickup's south start wire, which is needed for the DPDT prior to the Freeway?

I am not sure what you think would mean that it cannot be used.

All you would do is take the relevant wire from the on-on-on which is the connection from the green wire on a Seymour Duncan and from there to the NG terminal of the Freeway.
The bare wire of the neck pickup normally is soldered with green, but in this case, solder the bare wire directly to ground and not to any switch.

I am not sure what you think would mean that it cannot be used.

All you would do is take the relevant wire from the on-on-on which is the connection from the green wire on a Seymour Duncan and from there to the NG terminal of the Freeway.
The bare wire of the neck pickup normally is soldered with green, but in this case, solder the bare wire directly to ground and not to any switch.
Let me make sure I understand correctly.

I should jumper the connection from the lowest right lug of DPDT to that terminal on the Freeway, while retaining the connection from south start to said DPDT lug?

I wasn't sure if the signal would continue flowing or connect across the switches that way. (As Spud is so extremely fond of pointing out, I maybe don't get everything right the first time?) But if it will, that's ideal.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I found an email to freeway works pretty good. I used the same plan above, but wanted to split the humbuckers globally, and they gave me plan. I'm sure they've encountered this before. Ask for Alistar.

Let me make sure I understand correctly.

I should jumper the connection from the lowest right lug of DPDT to that terminal on the Freeway, while retaining the connection from south start to said DPDT lug?

I wasn't sure if the signal would continue flowing or connect across the switches that way. (As Spud is so extremely fond of pointing out, I maybe don't get everything right the first time?) But if it will, that's ideal.

Thanks.
I never do myself. Mostly

I found an email to freeway works pretty good. I used the same plan above, but wanted to split the humbuckers globally, and they gave me plan. I'm sure they've encountered this before. Ask for Alistar.
Just emailed them with this scenario - when I receive word of a solution, I'll share the info here at that time. Good thing is at least I like the basic pickups!

I will explain a little more below.

when I receive word of a solution, I'll share the info here at that time. Good thing is at least I like the basic pickups!

I have already given the solution.

Whether you are using a DPDT for series / parallel of a pickup or an on-on-on such as below.
All you would do is take the relevant wire from the on-on-on which is the connection from the green wire on a Seymour Duncan (south start) and from there to the NG terminal of the Freeway.

So, using the below diagram as an example.
The bare wire shown in grey don't connect it to the switch but to the back of a pot, for example, where you have a ground.
The green wire from the humbucker connects to the switch as below
The black wire from the switch below shown as going to ground, this goes to the NG terminal of the Freeeway switch as in the diagram you supplied.
1713857647415.png

To add the bare wire which shields the pickup is separated and going to ground so whatever else is happening it remains grounded, this is like when doing a Tele 4 way switching scheme. Optionally you could try it connected with the green wire, but this may create more noise in some positions.

The terminal of the switch that the green wire is connected to is also directly connected in this case to the NG terminal of the Free way. This connection is in play regardless of the position of a DPDT or on-on-on switch.

Hi everyone, Alasdair shared these two diagrams:
3X3-08 Scheme 367.jpg3X3-08 Scheme 377.jpg
and then added this modification:
3B3-01 with Parallel Push-pulls from 3X3-08.png

I'm not sure yet if I will prefer series/parallel or series/parallel/split, but will probably try series/parallel next now that I've tried split mode a bit and have On-On DPDTs available.

I thought you were using a Freeway blade switch rather than a toggle switch as in the first two diagrams. The last modification diagram shows effectively what I described earlier.

Back