EVH wolfgang build

DMRACO said:
Well, aside from the fingerprints...what else looks wrong with this photo??
DSC02050.jpg
:icon_scratch:  The blue cushion.  :icon_biggrin:

Dude that's looking very nice indeed  :headbang:

I don't know if I'd worry about it too much. It probably doesn't show up well in real life, or you would have worked it more. Photos can be pretty unforgiving. I'm always surprised at how much dust shows up on things that look pefectly clean.

If you can see it, though, buffing with the grain rather than in a circular motion should help.

Cagey said:
I don't know if I'd worry about it too much. It probably doesn't show up well in real life, or you would have worked it more. Photos can be pretty unforgiving. I'm always surprised at how much dust shows up on things that look pefectly clean.

If you can see it, though, buffing with the grain rather than in a circular motion should help.

that is what I was thinking...but that top has grain running left to right and up and down.  I think a left to right would be best.  I am going to pop out the PUs and whammy and shee what I can do.

BTW...I already heard back from Floyd rose and they are sending me a new arm.

No, that grain is running up and down. The side-to-side stripes aren't grain.

Cagey said:
No, that grain is running up and down. The side-to-side stripes aren't grain.

Thanks.  Lnarn something everyday.  Spalt is an interesting animal.

Here are some shots...I got most of the swirls out.  I still have a few areas on the edges that need touching up.  A ten year old cotton shirt works better than the micro-fiber.  I did make copper control covers.  They are really shiny now but will oxidize in about a week.  I hit them with a sanding wheel and give them a rough look.  They will look amazing once the oxidation takes place.  The spalted ones look great but seem out of place on the guitar.

I am still waiting for the correct arm from Floyd Rose.  I am getting used to the lefty!!! :icon_biggrin:

Sound is amazing.  I am very happy.  I did add some copper accent pieces on the head stock.  Overall the guitar is not heavy but the head felt very light.  So the accents added a few ounces.  Plus I think they look cool.  I am sure some wll disagree.  This is what the back will look like in a week.
frontclose.jpg

front.jpg

back.jpg

headstock.jpg

I know there was some debate earlier in the thread about the "copper finish" on my floyd.  Well I have the answer.

Floyd had originally packed the wrong arm with the whammy, a lefty.  So they shipped me a right arm.  Well the finish made it difficult to put the arm on.  So I got some sand paper to knock down the finish a bit.  What I found was REAL copper.  There is a heavy plate of copper over the standard steel arm.  It then oxidizes to the finish we see.  It took several minutes with 200 grint sand paper to go thru it so it must be thick.

Even the GROVER (knockoffs I think) tuners I purchased leave a copper smell on your fingers when touching them.  They must be plated too.

Back