Cheap Thrills Tele

looks good.  Bolt the bridge on an use a drexel to take out the needed material.  That wood is likely Palwana and soft.

That's probably one of the weirdest tele bodies I've ever seen. The pickguard is nice!

Got the routing template!  As you can see, the original route is, well, just a bit non-standard.  :headbang:

index.php

Attachments

• IMG_3817.JPG
    IMG_3817.JPG
    662.3 KB · Views: 143
Allright!  It's a nice day outside, so let's get ready to route!

Body is ready.  I countersunk the holes in the template before bolting it down.  The tape is just in case I accidentally tilt the router or something.  More in a bit

index.php

Attachments

• IMG_3823.JPG
    IMG_3823.JPG
    577.3 KB · Views: 92
Thumbnail looks like a green Tele with a turtoise bridge plate, maybe for your next build :icon_tongue: ?

exaN said:
Thumbnail looks like a green Tele with a turtoise bridge plate, maybe for your next build :icon_tongue: ?
Might look good with a different green. Or monkey vomit gold.

Doesn't everyone route outside in the back yard?

index.php

end result looks pretty clean

index.php

Now that's better!

index.php

Unfortunately found the next problem:  The pickup wire hole is so high in the body that the pickups won't go into the hole!  I think a specialty drill bit is in my future...

index.php

Attachments

• IMG_3824.JPG
    IMG_3824.JPG
    862.9 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_3825.JPG
    IMG_3825.JPG
    679 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_3826.JPG
    IMG_3826.JPG
    780.1 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_3828.JPG
    IMG_3828.JPG
    806.3 KB · Views: 133
That's one of the most beautiful Tele pickup cavity routes I've ever seen. You missed your calling. You should've been a Tele pickup cavityrouter instead of an electronics design engineer/professional musician. It's not too late, you know. You could still become a guitar tech and make minimum wage part-time. Think of the stories you could tell! Plus, chicks dig cavity routers.

Cagey said:
That's one of the most beautiful Tele pickup cavity routes I've ever seen. You missed your calling. You should've been a Tele pickup cavityrouter instead of an electronics design engineer/professional musician. It's not too late, you know. You could still become a guitar tech and make minimum wage part-time. Think of the stories you could tell! Plus, chicks dig cavity routers.
^^^^^
What he said.... :toothy12:

DangerousR6 said:
Cagey said:
^^^^^
What he said.... :toothy12:

<blush> stop it!

Looking mighty fine. Too bad about the hole being placed too high. What kind of clowns design those bodies at GFS? :doh:

All right!  Let's deal with those pickup wire holes.  In this body, the neck pickup was drilled into the bridge pickup cavity.  I didn't like that.  Also, all holes were too high.  I didn't like that either.

A quick trip to home depot produced this:

index.php

Looks somewhat intimidating doesn't it!

index.php

Attachments

• IMG_3832.JPG
    IMG_3832.JPG
    889.5 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_3833.JPG
    IMG_3833.JPG
    634.1 KB · Views: 94
Back