You may be a Warmoth addict if.....

You can rationalize spending twice as much as you originally intended (or were given permission to) because, "There is not much of that kind of wood left on the planet, better get it while it is still cheap."
Patrick

You know what...you're soooo right. I think that the more I stare at the website, the faster I'll get my new rig ( please...please...please!) I'm just chompin' at the bit to get to work on the "Big Bottom Bass Project".

dinothespaceman said:
You know what...you're soooo right. I think that the more I stare at the website, the faster I'll get my new rig ( please...please...please!) I'm just chompin' at the bit to get to work on the "Big Bottom Bass Project".

Wrong!  staring at the website won't do a thing, quit chompin' pull the trigger.........and welcome to warmo-holics anonymous. :icon_biggrin:

guitlouie said:
...If you buy a showcase body and neck, then for the next couple weeks while awaiting delivery of said body and neck, you feverishly keep checking the showcase to make sure something better has not popped up!  

That's how I ended up with these bodies:

Attachments

• 3..jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 424
willyk said:
Whoooo.Hoooo!!  Well? Which ones the best mate? :headbang: :blob7: :headbang:

Well, you have assembled too many Warmoth guitars to know there isn't any better, just favorites. For me the korina tele is my favorite. It was unfinished and the quilt is very symmetric. I asked for a special color (washed black) and they did an amazing work. It's my first korina body.

The Les Paul is my first hollow body. It has an one piece flame maple top and it was veeery expensive :eek:
If I was thinking straight I should have passed, but I'm an addict...:dontknow:

The amber tele has quilt maple front and back! This was the last body I bought and although it is amazing like the others, I wouldn't mind selling it and lowering my credit card account....

Attachments

• back.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 416
I've told myself I need a guitar to 'finish' an extra set of tuners...  :help:

Even worse; I just bought a bunch of Warmoth parts from a forum member because I wanted to do a build around...

I am so ashamed...

A Hello Kitty pickguard from a Squier.  :-\

One of which FINALLY came up on the 'Bay. I wanted a HOT pink 1 hum maple/maple super-strat with that big f@#%ing round face. I just thought it would be hilarious. I was even going to gently modify the pickup hole in the 'guard and put in a white EMG. Anything not worth doing is worth needlessly overdoing...

I was the current high bidder on the pickguard, but the listing was ended early. Now I'll have to wait for another one of those things to come up.

Or just buy a Squier, take the p/g and re-sell the rest...

:help: :help: :help:

What I meant was that I AM already waiting for parts,and hoping that by staring at the website I would WILL the parts to arrive faster( I know...delusional  :tard:) but I just want to get cracking on the new rig.  So ...i guess looking in the mail box won't help either  :laughing7:

I have extra pots and a pickup, so I'm planning a build for 2010. Going to be an SG.

Planning to redo - my old warmoth basswood star body guitar as a swamp ash explorer in 2009.  Going to use most of the parts from it on the new body. In a weird way it keeps the spirit of my POS Ibanez Iceman I started out on in 1983. All of the parts on that were replaced piece by piece over time, so now nothing much of the original remains except the TOM and a volume knob and pickup rings. It occupies the same "space" though hahaha. I'm not sure what the neck is. I got it 19 years ago so I'll have to remove it to find out if it's marked. Plus the Iceman, Star, and Explorer body shapes are all related, in my opinion.  :toothy12:

After spending three decades doing field research, many consider me to be an expert in the arena of addiction. Any good addict knows that we first must have a "gateway" addiction that would ultimately lead us to our "addiction of choice".

That pretty much explains where I am at. Yes, as I stand ready to pull the trigger on my first Warmoth build, I am "sobered" by the reality that I don't EVEN know how to play guitar. I have to get a habit first, so I can fall helplessly into my addiction of choice.

Maybe I can learn to play a little while waitin' on the UPS man?

You live in the same town as Warmoth, & drive by their mailbox everyday to see if your order is in their outbound mail.

Once you see it there, you wait at Warmoth to help them load it onto the carrier's truck, follow him back to his terminal, get blacklisted from the carrier's dock, then you go home & wait by the mailbox for another carrier to deliver it, he finally arrives, and he says, "Oh yeah, they told me about you back at the office, sign here please".

- when you want to sell all your non-warmoth guitars to fund more warmoths
- you are not surprised to find a link for 'addictions' on the new website
- you think it is fun to dig up this old thread again..

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
You live in the same town as Warmoth, & drive by their mailbox everyday to see if your order is in their outbound mail.

Once you see it there, you wait at Warmoth to help them load it onto the carrier's truck, follow him back to his terminal, get blacklisted from the carrier's dock, then you go home & wait by the mailbox for another carrier to deliver it, he finally arrives, and he says, "Oh yeah, they told me about you back at the office, sign here please".

You may be an addict if you can convince them to give you a job!!  :icon_biggrin:

How about you pray that someone else buys that showcase piece before pay day that way you won't be forced to buy it and delay the build you've now been planning for two years.  :tard:

I forgot this one:

- If it takes you a couple of minutes to realize how disturbing the following sounds in front of coworkers:

"sure, come over to my house on sunday and we'll rub some oil on that body of yours"

and earlier this week:

"I'm really excited about your body, I can't wait to see it"

my reputation at work has gone down the drain... even more

DslDwg said:
How about you pray that someone else buys that showcase piece before pay day that way you won't be forced to buy it

And then act like a very screamy kid who got the ice-cream stoled :laughing7: I know it...

Marko, beware, you're under risk of some guy can invite you to pass oil on his body afterwork :laughing7:
Imagine if then it's a bigger man than you and FORCE you do it, thinking you' like sado  :toothy12: :toothy10: :help:

Marko said:
TonyFlyingSquirrel said:

You may be an addict if you can convince them to give you a job!!  :icon_biggrin:

I count myself blessed.

Back