You may be a Warmoth addict if.....

You may be a Warmoth addict if..... you delete your web history to hide your warmoth.com visits from your wife or significant other.  :dontknow:

mayfly said:
clewnii said:
Märkeaux said:
I have a new one.. and it's awkward..
I 'accidentally' saw a picture of a wooden d**do on a dutch blog, and the first thing I thought was 'hey, that's a nice piece of wood!, would be great for a top!'

What kind of finish did it have? My best guess would be some kind of HARD finish?

Was it an open grain or a 'tight' grain?

Did it have a truss rod?

Märkeaux said:
Hey guys, just poking some fun at myself... and the rest of you  :icon_biggrin:

- you visit the warmoth page daily and have memorized most if not all possible options and configurations
- when you see antique furniture and you wonder how that wood would look as a guitar top
- you know exaclty whats in the showcase inventory
- you always plan about 5 projects ahead
- you change your mind about the wood and configuration about 10 times before you actually place your orders
- you make several impulse buys before you order your planned project
- you wonder how 'howling mids and growling lows' actually sound and order a wenge neck to find out!
- you can't decide between a new body or an engagement ring
- buying an 'off the shelve' is no longer an option
- you wonder how many guitars you could build for a kidney and a lung:)
- you refer to wood as a sexy piece of ass

and I can think of many more! feel free to complete the list :)
I love this forum!

I'm glad I managed to get married before I found this place, otherwise I'd be living in a hovel surrounded by guitar parts mumbling to myself about which pickups to choose. Luckily my wife is a patient woman who overlooks my periodical moments of madness. For the record, I satisfied about seven of your criteria, including the Wenge neck.

clewnii said:
mayfly said:
clewnii said:
Märkeaux said:
I 'accidentally' saw a picture of a wooden d**do on a dutch blog, and the first thing I thought was 'hey, that's a nice piece of wood!, would be great for a top!'

What kind of finish did it have? My best guess would be some kind of HARD finish?

Did it have a truss rod?

Was it "fretted for her pleasure?"

I know I couldn't. It's just too satisfying and pleasurable, and being an American, I'm a hedonist from way back <grin>

JaySwear said:
clewnii said:
mayfly said:
clewnii said:
Märkeaux said:

Did it have a truss rod?

Was it "fretted for her pleasure?"
What kinds of pickups were used?

ok, I checked it out again, and it turns out it was actually a chastity belt for men  :sad: not a d***do

its on a dutch blog, but if I remember the link was to "chastity belt for men" 
I didn't click on it while at work.... and not gonna do it now either ;)

I have that when I walk in Tuschinski, one of the most beautiful cinema's in the world. The doors are made of a really old, vintage, flamed/figured maple. really wanna make a guitar out of that, with the mahogany stairhandles(?) as a neck...

This link - must have been inspired by this page.

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2011/Feb/How_to_Hide_New_Gear_from_Your_Significant_Other.aspx

I'm also an addict. I've built 5 guitars (4 of them with the body from scratch) and I don't have anyone because I don't play guitar (I used to be drummer)... And I'm planning the next one!!!

Semi-necropost

Found this and thought it was interresting
http://tomsworkbench.com/2007/08/08/the-wood-a-holic-by-tom-iovino/
I definitely feel this way. I definitely need an enabler.

Thanks to Line6Man for finding this...I posted in "GAS Alert" because I couldn't find this!

But, would you be a Warmoth Addict if you're trolling "Green" bodies in the Showcase because you think you should build a guitar for next St. Patrick's Day gig that hasn't even been booked yet?

Back