You may be a Warmoth addict if.....

You know you're an addict if......after completing a build you begin preparation for your next one.

You know you're an addict if......you just can't get enough.

You know you're an addict if......you see a Fender Custom Shop Strat and say to yourself "Sheeeeiiiit, my Warmoth PWNS that POS!"

MULLY
I don't even have this guitar yet and I'm already thinking of the next one

The 12 Steps of  Warmoholics Anonymous

1. We admitted we were powerless over Warmoth - that our lives had become unmanageable because of a lack of finances, space, and/or tolerance.

2. Came to believe that a power tool greater than ourselves could restore us to incredibly low action and unbelievably high sustain.

3. Made a decision to turn our secret guitars and parts over to the care of a good friend whose wife never goes in the basement.

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of our parts drawer, garage, and secret hiding places.

5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being that we really prefer gold hardware to chrome.

6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects on our early builds.

7. Humbly asked Him to remove our budgetary-, space-, and/or relationship-based constraints.

8. Made a list of all persons we had sold Warmoth gear to, and became willing to buy back every bit of it from them all.

9. Made direct offers to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would alert our wives or others.

10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly bought more stuff from Warmoth.

11. Sought through fretwork and finish applications to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for accelerated price reductions in the Showcase and the power to tell our wives about that guitar under the bed so we could play it while she's at home.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to get other people to buy lots of Warmoths so we could tell ourselves we don't have a problem and to practice saying "I've had that guitar for years..." enough that it doesn't sound like the bald-faced lie it is.

whitebison66 said:
The 12 Steps of  Warmoholics Anonymous

1. We admitted we were powerless over Warmoth - that our lives had become unmanageable because of a lack of finances, space, and/or tolerance.

2. Came to believe that a power tool greater than ourselves could restore us to incredibly low action and unbelievably high sustain.

3. Made a decision to turn our secret guitars and parts over to the care of a good friend whose wife never goes in the basement.

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of our parts drawer, garage, and secret hiding places.

5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being that we really prefer gold hardware to chrome.

6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects on our early builds.

7. Humbly asked Him to remove our budgetary-, space-, and/or relationship-based constraints.

8. Made a list of all persons we had sold Warmoth gear to, and became willing to buy back every bit of it from them all.

9. Made direct offers to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would alert our wives or others.

10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly bought more stuff from Warmoth.

11. Sought through fretwork and finish applications to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for accelerated price reductions in the Showcase and the power to tell our wives about that guitar under the bed so we could play it while she's at home.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to get other people to buy lots of Warmoths so we could tell ourselves we don't have a problem and to practice saying "I've had that guitar for years..." enough that it doesn't sound like the bald-faced lie it is.

Awesome!
"Thanks for sharing, keep coming back."

James

You know ur addicted.... if you get a body off the showcase and the next day you check the showcase again to make sure she's not there no more! lol I just did that

After playing my warmoth at my guitar practice guy's house, we ate banana bread with chocolate chips.
I asked for a slice that was 2 fret's worth.

Max said:
After playing my warmoth at my guitar practice guy's house, we ate banana bread with chocolate chips.
How bad that is depends on which two frets you meant.....and what scale.

Wow, I'm worse off than I thought.  :laughing7:

Blue313 said:
Max said:
How bad that is depends on which two frets you meant.....and what scale.

Wow, I'm worse off than I thought.  :laughing7:
Oh, I specified 25.5" scale, first two frets.

You might be a warmoth addict if you only eat beans and play your many guitars all day. lol that's me

...when you already have 3 jobs but are considering taking on side work to support your Warmoth habit.

When you need to get 8 times the amount of money you already have to build another guitar.
That's similar to one you already have.

Yeah Max, how are your friends and family reacting when you tell them you're getting another Telecaster?  My family thinks I'm nuts for getting another custom guitar so soon after I've finished the LP, but I think it would be worse if I was building a second LP.  At least I can say "But a Strat sounds and looks totally different!".

My excuse is that this one should fix everything I wish was different in my #1.
Thicker neck, wider neck, gibson-style frets, thicker bridge pickup, better bridge, more switching options, a proper finish, cooler, etc...

I have a new one.. and it's awkward..
I 'accidentally' saw a picture of a wooden d**do on a dutch blog, and the first thing I thought was 'hey, that's a nice piece of wood!, would be great for a top!'

Märkeaux said:
I 'accidentally' saw a picture of a wooden d**do on a dutch blog, and the first thing I thought was 'hey, that's a nice piece of wood!, would be great for a top!'

What kind of finish did it have? My best guess would be some kind of HARD finish?

clewnii said:
Märkeaux said:

What kind of finish did it have? My best guess would be some kind of HARD finish?

Was it an open grain or a 'tight' grain?

Back