Would you get a Vintage/Modern neck painted black?

Mapleg4

I'm a little torn between a Modern and a Vintage/Modern because I want to have the neck painted black, because then the walnut stripe gets hidden.

Go for it.  Obviously the stripe does not matter to you.  I like the vintage modern beause of the ease of adjustment (you do not have to take the neck off).

"Modern" construction necks are remarkably stable. They're basically a "set it and forget it" neck. As such, I consider it to be a superior and more desirable design. "Vintage" and "Vintage Modern" are single truss rod parts, and so are subject to environmental changes that don't affect the "Modern" necks.

It's not obvious in the online ordering system, but any of them can be finished in any of the colors Warmoth offers. You just add a note to the order. If there's any adder because you're asking for "burst" or other more specialized finishes, they'll notify you. Or, you can call to place the order if you want an immediate number.

This page has the actual prices for any finishes besides what the online builder has

http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Necks/NeckFinish.aspx

Back