what's for dinner at your place

Jusatele said:
ErogenousJones said:
Wana's made a guitar said:
Chili pesto steak, smashed spuds, sweet corn, beans and some sort of red wine sauce, so... meat and 3 veg.

Technically, that's meat, two veg and a legume. Kinky.
Err, meat 2 veg a legume and a fruit, do not forget wine is a fruit.

A fermented one - which paradoxically makes it better for you..

and for "dessert"

skruf_snus_pris.jpg

SNUS <3

elfro89 said:
The Norwegian Guy said:
snus is tobacco.
It's almost like your "dip" but we put it in our upper lip.

dip?  :icon_scratch:

He's talking about all that food you've been saving up from the 1980s.
After 20-30 years, it kind of turns black and nasty like that.
:icon_jokercolor:

line6man said:
elfro89 said:
The Norwegian Guy said:
snus is tobacco.

still dont get it.  :icon_scratch:

elfro89 said:
line6man said:
elfro89 said:
The Norwegian Guy said:
snus is tobacco.

still dont get it.  :icon_scratch:

I grew in the Southern United States. In high school, many of the boys would put tobacco in their mouths tucked into their bottom lips which gave them the appearance that they had a tumor in their mouth. They called it dip. "Hey John, ya got any dip?"
Also became a metaphor for hick somewhat in some circles - I'm not passing jugment, just reporting the news at the time.

"Dip" is smokeless tobacco.

250px-Misc_dipping_brands.jpg

Not to be confused with chewing tobacco, it's usually just placed between the cheek and gum, where the nicotine is absorbed naturally through the gums.

Today, red lentil soup with some bread on the side. I'm becoming very good at making lentil soup, this one was excellent!

Cagey said:
"Dip" is smokeless tobacco.

Not to be confused with chewing tobacco, it's usually just placed between the cheek and gum, where the nicotine is absorbed naturally through the gums.

That crap is disgusting. Great way to get cancer. :tard:

line6man said:
That crap is disgusting. Great way to get cancer. :tard:

Right on both counts. Luckily, it's never really caught on here outside of some of the more rural areas, where spitting is considered socially acceptable, right up there with eating boogers and mating with your sister <grin>

i was behind a kid in the local gas station when he asked for some of that crap. i wanted to say something about how he shouldn't pick up the habit until he could shave, but i bought cigarettes for some of my friends after i turned 18 when they weren't old enough. so i didn't say anything :icon_biggrin: hope he doesn't lose his jaw for it.

The Norwegian Guy said:
what's great about snus, is that u don't get cancer from it.

doesn't it screw with your teeth and gums?? I think I have seen it on some of my nordic friends...

DO NOT GET ME STARTED
I did this for 20 plus years and in January they found oral cancer
I lost a major part of my tounge
Do not even think of this stuff

Jusatele said:

DO NOT GET ME STARTED
I did this for 20 plus years and in January they found oral cancer
I lost a major part of my tounge
Do not even think of this stuff

Exactly.

That shit is evil, and as far as cancer goes, it's not if, it's when.

Ugh!  This stuff has to be one notch up from chewing on your own crap!  I had a fraternity brother who used to chew, and spit into 20 oz. soda bottles. When we took them back for the deposit, you always heard that squirt sound when the machine would squeeze down on that bottle full of 'bacco juice, and you just felt bad for the poor kid who had to change the machine out when it filled.

I did teach him a lesson on it once. He wound up passing out drunk on the couch one night with his butt facing out, and his can in his back pocket. I used kitchen tongs to remove the can and went about figuring out what to do. I went outside and smelled freshly cut grass from a house down the street. I dumped the dip out, packed the can full of grass clippings and put it back into his pocket with the tongs. We had to be up early for an event of some sort, and when I came to the house, he was still in the same spot. I shook him awake, and instinctively he grabbed for his tin to take his morning dip. All off a sudden, this sour look came over his face and he started screeching and cussing for all he was worth!  There were about ten of us there to watch the spectacle, and it took all I had to keep a straight face when he got pwned.

Graffiti62 said:
Ugh!  This stuff has to be one notch up from chewing on your own crap! 

No, eating your own crap is much more sophisticated.
You just get really sick and have to spend a few weeks in a mental institution, but no mouth cancer. :blob7:

That was a rite of passage for the Country listening folks at my H.S.  I say folks because it was girls too.  Nothing sexier than a girl with an orange thumb from dipping.  Actually, there's plenty things sexier.

Back