What new product or feature would be in your Christmas list for Warmoth to introduce in 2024?

7/8 soloist body.
Really want to build with a 7/8 neck. Being a Gibson guy for most of my playing days, I prefer the shorter scale, and really want to do a 24 fret build. But the Tele and Strat 7/8 bodies just look goofy to me.

Would a 7/8 Soloist be smaller, or have a similar outline to the regular Soloist body with repositioned pickups and bridge routing?

Last edited:
Would a 7/8 Soloist be smaller, or have a similar outline to the regular Soloist body with repositioned pickups and bridge routing?
I would imagine just slightly smaller, like the Strat and Tele 7/8 bodies are. Sort of like the Warren DiMartini snakeskin Charvel. Same body shape as a soloist, just a bit smaller.

4 Things:

1) Fender-style contoured heel (this option is waaaaaaay overdue!)

2) Modern forearm contour on Iceman body shape (as another user mentioned above)

3) Ibanez/Iceman-inspired headstock shape (seriously, how can you offer the correct body, but no decent headstock options?)

4) Meadowhawk bodies

More metal pointy styles. ;)

I say this tongue-in-cheek because I know the community here as a small microcosm of the whole of the WM customer base, and honestly, we Cheesy-Metal-Pointy-Guitar types are in the minority. Too small to make the additional R&D, CNC, and marketing investments beyond the V-K and V-R worthwhile from a business perspective. I would imagine that WM also wants to be careful about treading too far into Jackson's*, ESP's, and BC Rich's stomping grounds.

* I assume the Fender license has some particular limitations.

On a more sensible direction as far as a wish list, I'd love to see expanded options for bass neck inlays beyond dots and blocks.

Mock is one of my favorite shapes, and I'm at the point of being able to build my own. A long-term project on my list has been a Mock baritone (make the body myself and order a WM bari neck).

Back