My journey from Warmoth guitar builds to Pinter Instruments, LLC

Of course he had to pay for all those cans of paint - so I did too. Grrrr.

Sounds like a different supplier might be the answer, if it's this hard to get what you're paying for.

But leaving aside the vagaries of supply chains, I am jazzed every time I read about your guitar business, Mike. You're inspiring.

Sounds like a different supplier might be the answer, if it's this hard to get what you're paying for.

But leaving aside the vagaries of supply chains, I am jazzed every time I read about your guitar business, Mike. You're inspiring.
Pantone color system was originally designed for ink, then they made colors to include coatings. Mixing them in paint can be a PITA to keep them clean enough.

I think that my painter is using the best supplier he can find. And @Spud is right; mixing Pantone colors in paint is tricky. And apparently this is especially true if it's metallic nitrocellulose lacquer.

I think that my painter is using the best supplier he can find. And @Spud is right; mixing Pantone colors in paint is tricky. And apparently this is especially true if it's metallic nitrocellulose lacquer.
It used to give me fits in industrial coatings. Never tried lacquer.

And it gets dicey because paint is never 100% the color, it takes a lot of coats to hide the effects of the base color. Some paint systems specify a specific basecoat color to achieve certain top colors. Then the clear imparts its own color.

Back