Well, I guess after number 3, comes number 4,...................................

StubHead said:
Has anybody "pointed" out that a Jackson headstock has some ridiculously-angled string pulls, and as long as you're not using a Floyd, you're probably not planning on a locking nut either? :icon_scratch: I can cut a mean nut (that sound dirty, somehow) but I don't know if anybody could cut one that's not going to hang up every time you bend a wound string. Or are you not going to bend strings either... you'll still enjoy that classic "ping! ping!" as the windings hang up, and let go, as you attempt to tune it. Roller nut?  :help:
There's plenty of Jackson's out there that don't have Floyd's and have a regular nut, with no issues with string bending..

DangerousR6 said:
There's plenty of Jackson's out there that don't have Floyd's and have a regular nut, with no issues with string bending..

My Charvel strat has the Jackson headstock and a black graphite nut and I have no problems with bending strings pulling it all cockeyed.  I don't use the trem, so cannot opine on whether it would have any effect.

Bagman

Les Pauls and Explorers have a bit of angle on the strings after the nut, and they seem to do fine.  The Jackson one is a bit extreme looking, but I guess if you are not radically decreasing the tension on the string, like with a trem, it doesn't effect it as much.  As with what Doug said, I have several friends that have headstocks like that and it has never been a problem.  I have had more trouble with crappy tuning pegs than the head stock design.
Patrick

Death by Uberschall said:
DangerousR6 said:
OK, a little more update:

Looks like I'll be going with the "DbU" headstock and leaning towards a rosewood shaft & ebony board.
:doh:

:sad:
Rosewood is a dirty word....
nono.gif

DangerousR6 said:
DangerousR6 said:
DangerousR6 said:
Another update, order is placed, doubt I'll see it before the end of the year.
:laughing7:

Turn that frown upside down soldier... :icon_biggrin:

:toothy12:
up,down,up,down,up,down.... :tard:

That's what I tell her,.....................................  :icon_jokercolor:

DangerousR6 said:
DangerousR6 said:
DangerousR6 said:

hey, hey, hey...be nice... :laughing7:

DangerousR6 said:
DangerousR6 said:
DangerousR6 said:
DangerousR6 said:

hey, hey, hey...be nice... :laughing7:

I was talking about the stock market,.......................  :icon_scratch:

Ohhhhhhhh, I thought you were slave driving her and making her like churn butter or something.. :dontknow:

Back