Warmoth Giveaway Sweepstakes!!

double A said:
MikeW said:
@Double A: should our entries include the Review and Buy section at the end of the builder? I've got mine ready to go...
.... After you win (and I just know it's going to be you Mike) ...

WooHoo! Now I just need the Finance Department to approve a new neck to go along with it!
:laughing3:

Rick said:
You can join Facebook with a fake name and put on a lot of privacy stuff. 

I always thought it was called Fakebook ......... now I know why  :doh:

I'd rather be poked in the eye with a blunt stick.

That's a pass for me too.  :icon_biggrin:
Lets see if anyone here actually wins something, good luck to those.

I understand the no interest in FB, took me a while too.

As to the OP My twist for the FB users that don't have memberships here, have to register by signing up to UW to enter, instead of the other way round?

I would think it would lead to a certain percentage of new, regular users.

Plus I try to promote UW on the FB page at least once a week.

I interpret it to mean whatever you can put on a strat body, use the most expensive wood, the maximum amount of binding, maximum bling, whatever the "builder" spits out is what you get, the most expensive pickguard whooopeee!

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
Top route only?
7/8 acceptable?

Top route only? No. Configure your Strat® body any way you wish.
7/8 acceptable? No. Strat® replacement body only. There is no visual Custom Builder for 7/8 bodies anyway....no way to generate a picture.

There will be a link in the contest rules that will take you to the correct builder.

Rick said:
I interpret it to mean whatever you can put on a strat body, use the most expensive wood, the maximum amount of binding, maximum bling, whatever the "builder" spits out is what you get, the most expensive pickguard whooopeee!

$800 max value.

Which will get you a pretty damn nice Strat® body.

Oh....and Unique Choice tops are subject to availability at the time of build. If you pick one and it is sold by the time the contest ends you will have to pick a different one. Wah, wah wah.  :sad1: :sad1: :sad:

SustainerPlayer said:
double A said:
And yes...Jumble Jumble has it right. We're using social media to recruit new customers. It's very easy to create and administer a contest on Facebook. It's exponentially more difficult to do something that spans newsletters, FB, Twitter, mail-in entries, etc, etc, etc. We don't have the time or manpower to deal with something like that. We have other things we need to be doing....

Yeah. Those pesky repeat customers. The new ones are so much better.  :icon_jokercolor: :doh:

You're missing the point. The aim isn't to get the person who wins the contest to become a customer. The aim is to use the offer of a free body to get lots of people who already follow Warmoth on facebook to like and share the contest (it doesn't matter if they actually enter). This will mean that people who don't follow Warmoth will see the page, hopefully follow it, and hopefully be curious enough to pay a visit to the Warmoth website. And then they are that much more likely to become a customer in future.

Warmoth already has a killer way to get repeat custom: the first time you are a customer you are blown away by the quality of the parts, and the service. A contest doesn't work as a way to get repeat custom, unless we're talking about people that bought something years ago and have since forgotten about the company.

A contest on facebook is all about awareness - existing customers are already aware. Once someone has sampled your product, advertising won't have much effect. They already know exactly how good or bad your stuff is.

I think this serves to illustrate just how difficult (and probably why they probably haven't done this in the past) it is to run a competition of nay sort. there is just no pleasing some people!  :headbang1: :laughing7:

UK Phil said:
I think this serves to illustrate just how difficult (and probably why they probably haven't done this in the past) it is to run a competition of nay sort. there is just no pleasing some people!  :headbang1: :laughing7:

Agreed. It's ridiculous how much whining takes place when an awesome company is trying to give away some of its awesome gear fo' free.

UK Phil said:

LOL. A typical day in the Warmoth marketing/web department:

Us: "Hey everybody...we just released a new body style, two new headstocks shapes, cured breast cancer, and sent a man to Mars."

The Interwebs: "Ya, but why isn't there a bass body builder yet?"

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
I think it's a great idea, I just needed clarity so that I wouldn't submit the wrong entry.

Gotcha.

Hopefully all instructions will be very clear once the contest actually starts. We've tried hard to make it that way. We've also tried to plan for any weird circumstances that might come up.

This is our first sweepstakes so I'm sure it will be a learning process. By the end of the year we'll be ready to go pro! :)

double A said:
We've also tried to plan for any weird circumstances that might come up.
Aw, we can dream up stuff your guys can't even imagine. :icon_biggrin:

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
"Well you know my name is Simon, and I love to paint my drawwwrrrrings"... :hello2:
I guess nobody else got that....I did.. :laughing11:

But like so many others, I was deadset against myspace, facebook. But with so many family and friends badgering me I finally succumbed to the evil empire that is facebook. however if you want to attract a large volume of people it unfotunately seems to be the road to take. :dontknow:

I think this is a contest, and that you'll refer your friends and fans to vote for you, the younger ones who have Fakebook friends will do well in this,and the word will spread.  This contest isn't really aimed at those who are old time pre-Facebook types, like me ... Nonetheless !  I've got my entry ready, and ready to drop ... Geronimo!

Back