Warmoth Giveaway Sweepstakes!!

Rick said:
I think this is a contest, and that you'll refer your friends and fans to vote for you, the younger ones who have Fakebook friends will do well in this,and the word will spread.  This contest isn't really aimed at those who are old time pre-Facebook types, like me ... Nonetheless !  I've got my entry ready, and ready to drop ... Geronimo!
Exactly, that's why I usually don't enter these kinds of contests.

I will do it just for fun anyway.

I mean, if I could choose all my guitars would be alpine white with black hardware = no way in hell that design would win over fancy tops with dyes and stuff. But I'm going to do some fun design for the sake of contest. haha

Cederick said:
I mean, if I could choose all my guitars would be alpine white with black hardware = no way in hell that design would win over fancy tops with dyes and stuff. But I'm going to do some fun design for the sake of contest. haha

From what I've read, the winner will be decided by vote, not by any objective measure. So, just about anything could win. I've seen a lot of pushback against "coffee table" tops, so the fancy wood/dye/binding paradigm isn't necessarily going to be a winner. I know I'm a big fan of the black on alpine white presentation, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Cagey said:
Cederick said:

From what I've read, the winner will be decided by vote, not by any objective measure. So, just about anything could win. I've seen a lot of pushback against "coffee table" tops, so the fancy wood/dye/binding paradigm isn't necessarily going to be a winner. I know I'm a big fan of the black on alpine white presentation, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Yep...the contest is by vote, so really its just a popularity contest. Anything can win, if the entrant can get the votes. We chose this kind of contest specifically for this reason: to get as many people as possible to the Warmoth FB page.

As far as what's popular, I get the feeling fancy tops are on the wane. I mean, check out the axe that won Unofficial's Guitar of the Year last year.

double A said:
As far as what's popular, I get the feeling fancy tops are on the wane.
I can see that. I love to look at the fancy wood but would never want it on a guitar of my own.

swarfrat said:
FYI - reverse angled strat pickup covers aren't.

You mean the pickguards on the reverse strats, or the strat pickups that are reverse-angled?  Actually, I just looked at the reverse strats, and the pickguard builder (whether you go directly to it, or through it as part of the body builder) will only let you put in strat pickups. I know it used to allow other pickups, as a year or so back I was thinking about building a Johnny Ramones-style strat with a mini-humbucker in the neck, and you could do it then.

reverse angled strat pickups. The pickguard is correct in the builder, but if you go to add covers to them, the covers are not reverse angled. So if you want to build a reverse angled strat for the contest, better want black pickups.

Hmmm, gotta ask if hardware is included or if you only make the body + one humbucker?

Here are the rules. Some of them might not make sense, because they are not within the context of the entry page, but you'll get the jist.

Entry Instructions
Enter to win the Warmoth Strat®; replacement body of your dreams, complete with Seymour Duncan Pickups. It's easy! Just follow these steps:
• Click here to go to Warmoth's Custom Body Builder
• Use the builder to create your dream Strat® replacement body, complete with Seymour Duncan pickups
• Do a screen-capture (front view of the body only - no text) and post the image using the form below
Vote for your own, then vote for your favorites. Warmoth will select a 1st Prize winner from the 5 entries with the most Likes. The winning entrant will receive their custom-built body, including pickguard and Seymour Duncan pickups! A 2nd Prize winner will be randomly selected from all entries with at least 5 Likes. 2nd Prize is a $100 Warmoth gift certificate. Contest ends March 2, 2015, at midnight PST.
This contest is for Warmoth Strat® replacement bodies only. Images of any other body styles and/or not generated by Warmoth's Custom Builder will be disqualified and deleted. Maximum value: $1,000

Official Rules
One entry per Facebook user. Must be 18 to enter. All body specs must fall within Warmoth's range of custom options, as described on the Warmoth website. Unique Choice Lam Tops are subject to availability at time of build. Contest ends at 11:59 PST on March 2, 2015. A 1st Prize winner will be selected from the 5 entries with the most Likes, by Warmoth, and Warmoth's decision will be final. 1st Prize includes one Warmoth replacement body, pickguard (if applicable), and Seymour Duncan pickups only. It does not include bridge, knobs, or any other hardware, components, or services. Pickups must be Seymour Duncan, and must be from Warmoth stock. Total prize value limit is $1,000. 2nd Prize winner will be randomly selected from all entries with at least 5 Likes. 2nd Prize is a $100 Warmoth gift certificate. Any entries showing evidence of fraud will be immediately disqualified and deleted, at Warmoth’s discretion. This contest is governed by the laws of Washington State, USA. Employees of Warmoth Guitar Parts and Seymour Duncan, and their families, are not eligible. This contest is not sponsored or administered by Seymour Duncan or Facebook, and they are not responsible for its content, or for any support or remedy.

Here is a sample entry:

Attachments

• Zebra.PNG
    Zebra.PNG
    187.5 KB · Views: 398
TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
Can't figure out how to get that lil image to save on the iMac.  Just made the switch from pc.
Here ya go.  :icon_thumright:

https://4it.com.au/blog/mac-osx/mac-osx-tips-tricks/how-to-take-a-screenshot-on-an-imac-or-a-portion-of-it/

:redflag:  Pic will end up on your desktop saying  --- screen shot (with numbers then .png)

Its quite common to limit promotions involving chance due to the Byzantine laws of many jurisdictions.  I also wouldn't be totally shocked in a small company if someone said "Oh crap, he's right" while reading this post.

There are legal issues right within the US about the differences between contests, promotions, sweepstakes, give-aways, premiums, etc. Then you get into income taxes. Get outside the country, and it only gets worse. You've got shipping issues, value added tax, duties, tariffs, import taxes, justbecausewecan taxes, and who knows what else. Who's gonna pay all those? If you indemnify the winner, you leave yourself open. If not, who needs that hardship?

Cagey said:
There are legal issues right within the US about the differences between contests, promotions, sweepstakes, give-aways, premiums, etc. Then you get into income taxes. Get outside the country, and it only gets worse. You've got shipping issues, value added tax, duties, tariffs, import taxes, justbecausewecan taxes, and who knows what else. Who's gonna pay all those? If you indemnify the winner, you leave yourself open. If not, who needs that hardship?

It's very simple, the winner agrees to pay shipping and import. A little bit of small print and we're done. If they can't include outside US and can't include the UK then so be it, it is what it is. I ain't gonna moan!  :dontknow:

Back