Warmoth Giveaway Sweepstakes!!

Kostas said:
Rick said:
You can join Facebook with a fake name...

I'm also against Facebook/Twitter/Instagram dictatorship. People can use whatever they want I just can't understand why so many make their competitions/giveaways only through them. I'm subscribed at the company's newsletter, they could have done it also through this.

They're doing it through social media to generate interest on social media, which leads to increased spread, brand awareness and hopefully profits. Doing it through the newsletter would mean only people who already know about Warmoth would hear about it. Those are not the guys they're trying to reach.

Anyway, I'm happy for the tinfoil hat wearers to carry on as is - it's less competition for me!

I do worry about it being vote-based, though. Is it going to be the entry with the most likes? That's going to basically mean it's a popularity contest. The person who wins will be the person with the most "friends", who can get the highest percentage of their "friends" to click "like" on their entry.

Very cool, but no good deed goes unpunished.

The builder doesn't do all the guitar bodies, and none of the bass bodies. And I'm a bass player. Plus, as I played devil's advocate with a similar proposed contest years ago, the best proposal I could come up with to garner the most votes to win wouldn't be anything I'd want to own.

To answer a few questions: this particular contest is for a Strat replacment body only. We plan to do about 1 giveaway per month, of different types. We have future Build-A-Body contests planned with other body styles. Some of the giveaways will be a simple random drawing.

Of all that we are planning to do, the ones I'm looking forward to the most are the "Body of Mystery" and "Neck of Mystery" sweepstakes. These contests will work by asking a question like "Which of these body shapes is your favorite: 1)Regal, 2)Star, 3)Diamondback, 4)Velocity, 5)V-K, or 6)WGD. You enter by answering the poll. When the contest ends a winner is randomly chosen, and their prize is whatever body or neck won the poll.

And yes...Jumble Jumble has it right. We're using social media to recruit new customers. It's very easy to create and administer a contest on Facebook. It's exponentially more difficult to do something that spans newsletters, FB, Twitter, mail-in entries, etc, etc, etc. We don't have the time or manpower to deal with something like that. We have other things we need to be doing....

I'm already hip-deep in the facebooks.  I have a small child and far flung family to share updates with.  I always say no to add-ons that ask for my contacts, and I go in every couple weeks and make sure my security settings are locked down to "If weain't actually friends who know each other, go to hell."  I will happily serve as the proxy for any non-facebooker who might want to enter without adding a FB account to their online profile.

@Double A: should our entries include the Review and Buy section at the end of the builder? I've got mine ready to go...

OK so as far as screenshots, it's JUST the body and pickups? No pick guard and other accessories? I get its for the body and pickups but for making pretty, do we include the pickguard, knobs etc?

double A said:
And yes...Jumble Jumble has it right. We're using social media to recruit new customers. It's very easy to create and administer a contest on Facebook. It's exponentially more difficult to do something that spans newsletters, FB, Twitter, mail-in entries, etc, etc, etc. We don't have the time or manpower to deal with something like that. We have other things we need to be doing....

Yeah. Those pesky repeat customers. The new ones are so much better.  :icon_jokercolor: :doh:

Speaking of new customers, I guess that's my cue.  I'm in week 2 of an 8-10 week wait for my custom body, I'm already agonizing.

But I also keep hitting the build pages thinking of what I want to do next.  So this contest sounds great, and I guess once you win a body, you have to buy a nice custom Warmoth neck to go along with it.

I've already learned a lot reading through the forum, so hi and thanks for such a nice place to visit.

Ed

double A said:
To answer a few questions: this particular contest is for a Strat replacment body only. We plan to do about 1 giveaway per month, of different types. We have future Build-A-Body contests planned with other body styles. Some of the giveaways will be a simple random drawing.

Of all that we are planning to do, the ones I'm looking forward to the most are the "Body of Mystery" and "Neck of Mystery" sweepstakes. These contests will work by asking a question like "Which of these body shapes is your favorite: 1)Regal, 2)Star, 3)Diamondback, 4)Velocity, 5)V-K, or 6)WGD. You enter by answering the poll. When the contest ends a winner is randomly chosen, and their prize is whatever body or neck won the poll.

As the body award is a Strat, does the entry have to be a Strat?

TBurst Std said:
As the body award is a Strat, does the entry have to be a Strat?

Yes. You win a Strat replacement body with specs of your entry. If you don't enter a Strat, you don't have anything to win.

SustainerPlayer said:
Yeah. Those pesky repeat customers. The new ones are so much better.  :icon_jokercolor: :doh:

Repeat customers have an equal chance to win.  :headbang1:

Cagey said:
Sounds like fun! Unfortunately, I won't be able to participate. I'd rather take a beating than set up a Facebook account.
Sadly or maybe not I am with you on this one

MikeW said:
@Double A: should our entries include the Review and Buy section at the end of the builder? I've got mine ready to go...

Nope. Just a picture of the front of the guitar. After you win (and I just know it's going to be you Mike) a Warmoth rep will contact you to iron out the specs.

mark1178 said:
OK so as far as screenshots, it's JUST the body and pickups? No pick guard and other accessories? I get its for the body and pickups but for making pretty, do we include the pickguard, knobs etc?

The price includes: the body, the SD pickups, and a pickguard if applicable.

Any other hardware or services are not included.

double a
I tried making a hybrid tele and there's no picture.  Does that mean no hybrid tele's?

OK, got my photo ready to go.  As I see it, for the first contest there probably be about 1000, I'd be suprised if there were more.  1 in 1o00, that's better than the lottery! :party07:

Back