walnut thinline

Sweet, I love walnut, besides being beautiful wood, it makes beautiful tones.... :icon_thumright:

Getting closer, started October 2021
Porter Standard / A90 / T90

Attachments

• 20231013_145832~2.png
    20231013_145832~2.png
    766.8 KB · Views: 50
You know I'm a fan of walnut! I'll be following your progress.

I have the pickups, but don't have the harness yet. Side note, I have Parkinsons and that makes soldering very difficult, therefore I look for pre-made harnesses. On this project I have strat control route, 2 alnico p90s(a90), on a tele thinline body. Apparently there is not a demand for that combination. So leads me to my inquiry, can I use 250k/500k push pull volume and tone controls to get every possible combination (500k 250k, 500k 500k, 250k 500k, and 250k 250k)? Would it be time worthy?

Perhaps just use 250k pots – P90s are single coils in any case so I doubt it is worth the time and bother of different pot values between those and Tele pickups if that was what you were thinking of.

Last night, I got the harness for this one. I was able to hook it up and it sounds really clean, better than I expected. However I'm still not finished, waiting on knobs and strap buttons. I have gotten great tone from the porter pickups.

I am unhappy with the way I have the pickups mounded, don't have knobs yet, I swapped the neck and put this new one from the screamin sale... Gibson conversion, almost finished with this one.20240124_162105.jpg

The pickup Mounting looks fine to me
I'm not sure about the wood mounting, seems difficult to set height, had the same issue with mounting a tele neck pickup but I was able to fix that with a mounting ring but I don't know of a mounting ring for p90s, I did go through with too long screws and came out the back... long story short, it plays great, just not real flexible.

I'm not sure about the wood mounting, seems difficult to set height, had the same issue with mounting a tele neck pickup but I was able to fix that with a mounting ring but I don't know of a mounting ring for p90s, I did go through with too long screws and came out the back... long story short, it plays great, just not real flexible.
dammit teleme what were you thinking!

Back