Baritone neck with Ebony fretboard on Walnut body

Grumbunker

Im working on my first Warmoth build and Id like some insight . I play heavy music Doom, Sludge Etc.. and I tune my guitar down to drop A and play a 27in baritone Tele.
My plan is to put a roasted maple baritone neck with ebony fretboard onto a walnut body (musiclander). Im trying to be economical in that Id prefer not to have to pay for a finish on the guitar hence the walnut and the roasted neck.
Any thoughts or experience with a build like this?

One thought is that perhaps a Musiclander body might be a little light with a baritone neck. Something to think about if neck dive is a concern.

Sounds good to me, but I would still recommend a finish on the walnut body. Doesn't have to be a sprayed finish, Tru-oil or other oil finishes are cheap and give great results on walnut.

The fine furniture folks have lately been using hard oil-wax products like Osmo and Rubio Monocoat, if you're not interested in a glossy sheen. Reports are that they are pretty durable on countertops and tables. Might also be good on guitars. They're objectively kind of pricy, but for a guitar body, you can get the smallest unit available and still have extra.

One thought is that perhaps a Musiclander body might be a little light with a baritone neck. Something to think about if neck dive is a concern.
Neck dive has not been an issue with my baritone tele so I figured the walnut being heavier than alder and also having the horn on the body go further up on the neck it would not be an issue .

Neck dive has not been an issue with my baritone tele so I figured the walnut being heavier than alder and also having the horn on the body go further up on the neck it would not be an issue .

Just curious, with the down tuning etc, have you considered a 7 string?

Body shape was limited to one design and so was headstock, also neck inlays were limited to single design.

Okay, understood. It probably does not sell in great numbers, I am guessing so hence there being more options available on the more popular lines.

Back