that new line6 wireless

rightintheface

anybody got one?
there was a bit of a thread over in the rig section, but not much really in-depth.
i know the whole argument of wireless vs cables etc etc, but i'm looking at a wireless simply for convenience when playing. i'm no tone snob. i just prefer the freedom of wireless.

anyone got opinions? also i live down under and my local line6 dude has never heard of them so i imagine they're pretty new. anyone got a US price for me to compare with?

cheers again lads

They aren't new, that's the X2 system that's been out for a few years now. It just looks like Line6 has picked up the distro. They are very good for the price, I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up if I didn't already have 2 of the Sennheiser ew172G2's (also good systems.)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=x2&st=

Whats a good wireless in general?  I'd like to get one, but i was in a band with a bassist that had one and his signal degradation was terrible, so it just kind of spooks me.

x2 wireless, I have the "stompbox" version, it sounds like a cable, it was about $300, the range isn't great, maybe 60 feet, the rackmount version is supposed to have more range, that's not an issue for me, I'm not playing huge stages, just tired of doing the cable dance!  I use it for bass and I can't hear tone degradation, transients, drops, any of that (your level of deafness may vary), my sound guy likes it and he hates wireless, dead quiet too. 

Back