Sight Unseen... New Options... Screamin' Deals...

So, I don't know if or how I was the first to post about this, but there's some interesting activity on the Warmoth site.  Things I've noticed:

1. TONS of items in the showcase, and probably more in the Screamin' Deals section than I've ever seen at once, much of it HEAVILY discounted.

2. 40th Anniversary finishes and many other custom finishes in stock.

3. Doesn't show up on the main showcase, but in the Screamin' Deals section, there seems to be a few more options for body and neck types.  If I had to venture a guess, I think they may be clearing out some old stock, as there are a few Short Scale G4 Single Cut bass bodies as well, but these body and neck types are a different, one could say more authentic, G style.  No pictures, but a bit of searching on the forum could find names like DC1, SC5, F Bird, etc... :)

I don't know if the site is up to date, but if anyone has got a bit of extra scratch and is looking for a quarantine project or two, there may be some interesting opportunities there for ya for a bit cheaper than usual.  Best of luck Builders!

Something weird is going on.  Two of the bodies I have purchased in the past from the Showcase are currently listed as in stock.  One I purchased and had painted, and though the photo is of the original unfinished body, the description shows the options I chose, including paint.  I'm guessing some sort of site update or migration went awry.

It is a shame though.  I'm finding lots of bodies and necks I could find a new home for!

Indeed, everything I have ever purchased from the showcase is now showing in stock. Could make for a messy Monday around the shop...

(Not that I wouldn’t mind a clone of my Birdseye Maple on Figured Mahogany Tele neck...)

I'm guessing some sort of site update or migration went awry.

You may be close to right there. I just tried to visit and it's taking forever for the site to resolve, and very few pictures are viewable. I have a feeling desperate measures are currently underway. Time will tell.

While it lasts, it is a good time to check out some of the exotic finishes that have been done in the past:

https://www.warmoth.com/Pages/ClassicShowcase.aspx?Body=2&Path=Spotlight&bFinish=299

I found an unlined fretless jazz for $160 - that I probably would've bought had it been available. But I love the fingerboard that's coming - so I'll sit tight and swallow that $100 lump in my throat.

That really is weird. It looks like a flag on items that have been sold is missing or not being recognised. Things I have purchased show up also...

I have contacted a couple of people at Warmoth via mail and message to let them know.

I have an image in my mind of people frantically running around trying to work out what's gone wrong, until they finally get hold of Jed the Web (who's been 'working from home' down by the river) who then remotes in and switches the switch...

I'm guessing this has something to do with migrating over all data, meshing with new/old data, to the new website. Perhaps it is being worked on by Warmoth IT from home, and causing anomalies on the site we view. I'm sure it will clear up soon.

Update, just curious, so I attempted to buy a body, and it let me add paint color, etc, but when time came to buy, it told me this.....

NOTICE: Checkout has been temporarily disabled. Please try again at another time.

pirate said:
NOTICE: Checkout has been temporarily disabled. Please try again at another time.

Yep.  That's someone going "Aaaaahhhhh!  the website is screwed up!!  Don't let anyone buy anything until it's fixed!!"

Yep, something has gone seriously wrong, and we currently have no idea what. We've disabled checkout and will be trying to get to the bottom of it today.

My tortie board jazz neck was prior to this - sure hope it's not a figment of some webserver's imagination.

The Aaron said:
Yep, something has gone seriously wrong, and we currently have no idea what. We've disabled checkout and will be trying to get to the bottom of it today.

Aaron will the new website be up anytime soon? I imagine that is something that can be worked on from home, so I'm hopeful ;)

They charged my card! Perharps Aaron did sneak in to box up my neck when he went to grab some new guitar parts for videos.

Ughhhhhh

I just spend hours going through and selecting a body and neck, ......that are not there.  Oh well.  I'm a spazz!

Shouldn't be to big a problem, I mean they back up the site regularly, right?................right?................Aaron, tell me there are backups. There are backups, right Aaron??????? :eek: :doh:

Back