Screws on new Ebony neck won't go in all the way

Well, I couldn't wait. Show went well Friday night and nothing to do Saturday so I did the dowel thing, which went like cake so that was a nice change :)

And I've installed the neck and strung it up. I added a picture to the album.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AiZhpt9VUCQKL9JH6

Congrats. Glad to hear the doweling did the trick for you.

Gorgeous axe! I love that red with that neck. Nice, nice, nice.

Thats cool it all worked out for you. My last build took me forever to finish it was like the building gods were screwing with me. Other times things just fall into place.

Thanks to all of you for the support...emotionally and with ideas to fix it. I really do appreciate it  :yourock:

And sorry I was away for a few days and didn't get on here to say thanks, some of that was of course simply spent jamming on the guitar  :guitarplayer2: and last little refinements in the setup too :)

It's playing excellently and I even tested changing the bridge radius to 18 and found I really liked it. I had tried this on the wolfgang neck and for whatever reason it felt way too flat but with this one, which is a standard slim it works well.

Thank you all as well for the kind words about the guitars look, that's probably a funny story too but in short that thing was at least 4 different shades of dye before you see it in the red it is now and the chrome pickups were a mis-order from my local shop but it ended up pretty cool :)

Regarding those silly guitar building gods....I'm so glad they decided to take a break when I attempted the dowels, I even told my wife I was so surprised at how easy that went but thankful just the same :)

Back