Sight Unseen... New Options... Screamin' Deals...

Couldn't pass it up:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbcsZZW09VY[/youtube]

Appears to be working more normally now, but I didn't try ordering. Everything has pics now though, but there are some pretty cool finishes showing that might not be everyday

We have encountered a serious problem with the database. In a nutshell, sometime Sunday afternoon everything that has ever existed in the showcase was somehow marked as Active. We are talking hundreds of thousands of items.

It may be a day or two before we are able to get this resolved, and the website up and running again.

Warmoth web admin is all ...

fuuuuu-rage-face-meme.jpg

Looks like hair bands are back in the Screamin' Deals Soloist section...Lots of Nuclear colors... :party07:

So is the 80% off unlined fretless macassar ebony fingerboard superbass neck thing still on?

It just has the ring of something the dregs of the digital world would do to keep the IT folks busy while carefully crafted code does something else in the background. :evil4:

Or a database rule just ran re-setting that one flag.  Should be possible to create a DB rule that re-sets it if that record passes some test.  Like, reset the 'sold' flag if there is a sold date, or a shipping address, or such.

Mayfly said:
Or a database rule just ran re-setting that one flag.  Should be possible to create a DB rule that re-sets it if that record passes some test.  Like, reset the 'sold' flag if there is a sold date, or a shipping address, or such.

Also quite possible. Their first job will be to find out exactly what caused the boo boo. Then they can fix it. Them thar computaters are a barrel of laughs. :help:

I’m with mayfly, it’s a rule that went whacky.  Just needs a reset back to the day before it happened.

The Aaron said:
We have encountered a serious problem with the database. In a nutshell, sometime Sunday afternoon everything that has ever existed in the showcase was somehow marked as Active. We are talking hundreds of thousands of items.

It may be a day or two before we are able to get this resolved, and the website up and running again.

Oh man oh man, I saw so many amazing buys.

I see checkout is now disabled so will be watching closely for when things are turned on again.

UPDATE: We've got the problem fixed. Now it's a matter of making sure the online showcase exactly matches what we actually have on the shelves. That can only be done via a physical inventory.

The plan is to open the site up for built-to-order, pickguards, and hardware only. That will likely happen later today. Meanwhile, we'll be doing the physical inventory, and hopefully open the showcase up tomorrow.

Fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, we're still not sure what caused this to happen. That's the real mystery.

The Aaron said:
Yadayada someone will be in the building
153603564_7281ad0588.jpg

Man I shoulda left the nut off that order. Otherwise it could've just been dropped in a box.

There's really a lot more going on here than you can see at a glance. It's a perfect storm of website issues, a month-long backlog of orders, massive MASSIVE customer inquiries, and a skeleton crew that can't even all get in the same room together to deal with it.

It's likely going to be most of the week that the site is down.

But to reassure you: Warmoth will get through it. It is NOT an indication of anything other than temporary troubles that we have to deal with. It is a season of suck, which will be followed as it always is by a season of joy.

And such is life.

The Aaron said:
There's really a lot more going on here than you can see at a glance. It's a perfect storm of website issues, a month-long backlog of orders, massive MASSIVE customer inquiries, and a skeleton crew that can't even all get in the same room together to deal with it.

It's likely going to be most of the week that the site is down.

But to reassure you: Warmoth will get through it. It is NOT an indication of anything other than temporary troubles that we have to deal with. It is a season of suck, which will be followed as it always is by a season of joy.

And such is life.

I like your attitude Young Man, I think we could find you a position here. We have need of people with your outlook. See one of the Mods for an application. :icon_thumright:

When there's database failure sometimes the only solution is to fling humans at it.

Humans have been flung.  :headbang:

It's fixed, but we are taking our sweet time opening up the site again. The backlog of work we have right now is monstrous.

Back