I rarely use the word "amazing"

Marcus1999

The other night my GF said "This pizza is amazing". I said, "No, it's a pizza. A UFO landing in your front yard is amazing."

But I am hear to say I am on my sixth build and Warmoth guitars are amazing.

Amazing: causing great surprise or wonder; astonishing.

Build 1: Roosted swamp ash/maple Gibson scale Strat HSS, 10-16 radius hardtail. Switched to SSS.

Build 2: Same but a P-Bass with a J-Bass neck.

Build 3: Mahogany back routed HH Jazzcaster -- Gibson scale

Build 4: Same as 3 but with a Wenge lam top and P90s. (Gave it to my best buddy from 2nd grade.)

Build 5: Roasted maple and alder top routed Jazzcaster with Tele bridge pickup and strat neck pickup. Best in show!

Build 6: On order -- Mahogany strat HSS (but with a Phat Cat pickup -- Gibson scale.

Let me tell you why these guitars are amazing. Once Pleked, they are by far better than any store bought guitar I have ever played, and I have been buying guitars since the early 80s when you could nab a '72 thinline at a pawnshop for $250.

I want to tank Warmoth for making me very happy. It really is amazing.

20210802_194119.jpg20230325_165027.jpg20221005_163412.jpg

Beautiful guitars

I've made 3, and am exploring another. For bolt on neck guitars, I have zero desire to buy an off the shelf model. I'd much rather buy an unfinished body and neck, and go to town. Warmoth has delivered on the bodies and necks I've used.

I have a Les Paul and an SG with a P90 but I play "Brownie" the Mahogany HH Jazzcaster more. It stays in tune while still having the depth needed for heavier tracks. The neck is like butter. Blondie the Tele has replaced the SG for the same reasons. That high output Duncan pickup blazes.

those are some sweet 'tars, but dude, i definitely had some Capital A amazing pizza. i even had some of the best pasta of my life here in Saint Louis which would qualify as triple amazing (and thats sayin' something considering I've been to Dallas). a UFO landing would be unbelievable or incredible (i.e. not believable nor credible. also why isn't it uncredible and inbelievable? and why impregnable and not unpregnable? English, I tell ya what, is imscrutable sometimes)). now don't get me wrong, I believe in aliens i just don't think they've been to earth (yet). we're more likely to encounter self replicating robots than organic lifeforms due to how big space is

anyway, yeah those axes are sick

It's amazing if you can get a similar result without paying for a PLEK, and the hassle of dealing with people who operate it.

I have been saying for years that word is ridiculously over-used, but yes, Warmoth guitars are amazing.

The other night my GF said "This pizza is amazing". I said, "No, it's a pizza. A UFO landing in your front yard is amazing."

But I am hear to say I am on my sixth build and Warmoth guitars are amazing.

Amazing: causing great surprise or wonder; astonishing.

Build 1: Roosted swamp ash/maple Gibson scale Strat HSS, 10-16 radius hardtail. Switched to SSS.

Build 2: Same but a P-Bass with a J-Bass neck.

Build 3: Mahogany back routed HH Jazzcaster -- Gibson scale

Build 4: Same as 3 but with a Wenge lam top and P90s. (Gave it to my best buddy from 2nd grade.)

Build 5: Roasted maple and alder top routed Jazzcaster with Tele bridge pickup and strat neck pickup. Best in show!

Build 6: On order -- Mahogany strat HSS (but with a Phat Cat pickup -- Gibson scale.

Let me tell you why these guitars are amazing. Once Pleked, they are by far better than any store bought guitar I have ever played, and I have been buying guitars since the early 80s when you could nab a '72 thinline at a pawnshop for $250.

I want to tank Warmoth for making me very happy. It really is amazing.

View attachment 61014View attachment 61016View attachment 61015
Nice collection. That strat really pops next to the wood tones.

I completed my last one just over a year ago, and now have the itch for another one.

Hi. First post. Just wanted to say I've rarely encountered anything that's impressed me as much as the quality of Warmoth's necks and bodies. I'm a newb to partscasters, with a rudimentary set of tools, and I can put these together no problem, do a basic setup and they play just great. I built my first one at the start of last year and quickly got addicted (and much poorer).

Dyeing the bodies is really fun. Putting them together is a pleasant way to spend a Saturday afternoon. It's all very satisfying work in and of itself. And at the end, as a bonus, I get an amazing guitar I get to play for the rest of my life. So thank you Warmoth.

Quick shot of the family and their one Musikraft cousin:

gtrs.jpg

I wish! There's some Fenders and Charvels in the rack in back. For me Warmoth's default standard thin, 10-16 neck is a perfect middle ground between those two.

6 Warmoths: 2 strats, teles and musiclanders. Apparently I like the buddy system.

There's a soloist in progress and that's going to be it for a while unless they start giving them to me.

I wish! There's some Fenders and Charvels in the rack in back. For me Warmoth's default standard thin, 10-16 neck is a perfect middle ground between those two.

6 Warmoths: 2 strats, teles and musiclanders. Apparently I like the buddy system.

There's a soloist in progress and that's going to be it for a while unless they start giving them to me.
I see you like pink picks!

I'd like a Shell Pink strat to go with them! And a Sonic Blue strat to go with the pink one. And then of course I'm going to need a Seafoam Green one...

As an aside, I told my wife (owner of 2 strats herself), when we eventually move to a new house we're painting all the rooms classic Fender colors, those 3 for starters. She rarely agrees with any of my ideas but she liked that one.

Anyway I've been using those same pink picks since I was a kid, don't know when I got in the habit of leaving one in the strings but it's a good habit. When you want to play a hot lick you never want to want for a pick.

Well, I can't comment on my parts, yet.
Warmoth informed me that mine were shipping about 36 hours ago. UPS informed me a couple of hours ago, that they will be delivering them in 3-6 hours.
"Big deal", I hear you cry.
I'm in the UK. That's a continent and an ocean crossed in less time than our mail service takes to deliver a letter to an address 10 miles away.
Now, that's amazing.

I have found that shipping takes a week in America, I call it the pony express. I love love love warmoth but shipping does suck

I have found that shipping takes a week in America, I call it the pony express. I love love love warmoth but shipping does suck
Well, like I say, I can't complain about the shipping.
Order arrived about an hour ago. Okay, couple of hours later than UPS predicted, however, considering the distance they've travelled - Seattle WA to Birmingham UK - you just can't complain about it taking less than 48 hours.

Holy cow! 48 hours from Washington state to Birmingham!
I too live in that remote part of the USA where it takes a week. Not warmoth's issue, though, it's ups and usps combined with the geography of America.

It's like going to Perth Australia or down to patagonia (i was there two weeks ago, includingvisiting a penguin colony)... no matter how you slice it'll take some time from anywhere if the geography doesn't cooperate.

Spud planned it good, live near where you work and the warmoth factory.

Last edited:
Back