Slammin' Z

Loomi

My second build... this one basically named itself... the band I play bass in is called The Slammin' Zeros and this is a Z body bass... therefore...

Slammin' Z
Body:
Swamp Ash Z Bass
Quilted Maple Top
Black Dye top finish
Natural Masked Binding
Transparent Black back finish
Contoured Heel
EMG-35DC pickup in bridge position
Hipshot A bridge

Neck:
Warmoth Bass
Wenge/Canary
Quilted Maple Peghead Veneer w/ Black Dye finish
1.5" Nut Width
Black TUSQ XL Nut
No Inlays
SS6100 Frets
Gotoh GB7 Tuners

Fretwork and setup by Cagey.

Post build thoughts:  I love the way the natural masked binding comes onto the top of the lower horn.  I also like how it flows into the neck.  That's the effect I was hoping for when I ordered a light colored fretboard wood.  I don't think I like the black strings.  My idea(before the parts arrived) was to tie the dark headstock to the dark body with black strings.  That was before I saw the neck.  Now I think the black strings draw attention away from the nice red stripe that runs along underneath the D string... I need invisible strings!  Most importantly, it plays great.  The action is low and easy down the entire length of the fretboard.  I can't wait to play it and show it off at band practice and upcoming gigs.  :headbang1:

I apology for my awful photography... .
IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

IMG_1536.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1538.jpg

IMG_1541.jpg

IMG_1542.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

That neck and body really look great together! Love the contrast.  :headbang:

WOW... don't spend much time in the Bass sections glad i stopped by.
That is as Good as it gets Fabulous.

If I were a real bass player (I barely qualify as a real guitar player) I'd like to think I'd rock the hell out of a baby like that.  Totally sexy.  Nice choices all around.

Back