Seafoam Green Pazz Bass, an occasional series

Rgand said:
That Apricot would look good on... well... nothing! :icon_biggrin:

Ain't nothing wrong with this.  It would certainly turn my head if I saw one on the road.

$_1.JPG

On topic, following with interest.

ghotiphry said:
Rgand said:
That Apricot would look good on... well... nothing! :icon_biggrin:

Ain't nothing wrong with this.  It would certainly turn my head if I saw one on the road.

$_1.JPG

On topic, following with interest.
Seeing it on a car certainly does make a difference. Thanks for the photo.

Fender now have Mystic Seafoam which appears to be metallic and different to the classic Foam Green, and different to itself, judging by the different shades on the photos.

096797.jpg

Fender_American_Professional_Jazzmaster_Mystic_Seafoam_4.jpg

Not without its charms though.

http://shop.fender.com/en-GB/electric-guitars/jazzmaster/american-professional-jazzmaster/0113092785.html#q=seafoam&qSubmit=&start=1

One of my younger brothers had one of those for a few years. Fun, in a scary sorta way. I had a Monte Carlo from the same era. Same deal - fun, in a scary sorta way.

While we're nitpicking about colours, as a graduate of that institution I should point out that what they call Cambridge Blue is not. The real colour is closer to what they're calling Glacier Green. Which I suppose shows that nobody knows how to name colours correctly.

Yeah, the last time I saw colors named correctly was in kindergarten, and there weren't very many of them. Now, we have colors like "fuscia" and "fandango" (aka "magenta"). How are we supposed to keep track?

Me stuff turned up! Although quite why it went from New York to San Juan PR then to Miami before it reached me,  :dontknow:

Anyway, bridge fitted, light weight but adjusts like a charm, set up on an old set of strings, got the bridge action and neck relief to where I like it, Intonation as best I can.

I haz also made an executive decision, I'm having to pay someone to cut the Chrome Paisley design scratch plate when it turns up, so I'm going to let them position the control plate and P-Bass pickup so there's no gaps between them and the pickguard but it also means I won't be able to hear it plugged in till then.  :sad1:

Still at least I can get my groove on, in a quiet way.

Last thing, I forgot to get a chrome Warmoth metal name badge,  :doh:

Attachments

• IMG_0886.jpg
    IMG_0886.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 15
Dougie has the CNC mill already programmed to do these...

mi1B90z.jpg

Along with a few variations. He's pretty reasonable. I got two of them like the one in the pic above and intend to embed them in a headstock eventually. Size-wise, they're about this...

i5QKtsw.jpg

As you can see, that one's 2.8425" wide. I think he was gonna give me a discount because it was supposed to be 2.8427" wide, but I thought I could make this one work. In any event, I'm sure he can scale to some degree. That's what slide rules are for. Cipherin' ratios and stuff.

Well, if that's what you want, then that's what you should have. Warmoth's got a $25 minimum order though, so I guess you'll have to PM me an address so I can send you one out of the goodness of my curmudgeonly heart  :laughing7:

Pickguard has turned up!  :turtle:

It's a bit thick (3mm) to fit under the fretboard extension, so I'll have to shim the neck slightly. It's still got the plastic film on, and on the bit i peeled back it did look quite a bit lighter and shiner without it

Attachments

• IMG_0899.jpg
    IMG_0899.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 20
http://www.quickguards.com

[youtube]EdkPbc8K_No[/youtube]

They do some interesting stuff, I'm not sure what finish would go with this, but it's almost worth building a guitar around it...

Red%20Variegated%20Gold%20Leaf.jpg

But your alumitone P pickups are in wrong...

:toothy10: :toothy10: :toothy10: :toothy10: :toothy10: :toothy10: :toothy10: :toothy10: :toothy10:

Back