Seafoam Green Pazz Bass, an occasional series

:eek:

I was alas, too lazy to finish the wiring, so I handed to a trained profession as they were doing the pickguard fitting, but he did have some trouble getting the phase right with the jazz pickup, I think he had to turn around, or was it wire out of phase one of the P-bass halves? Can't remember, anyway, to get it to work. He did tell me, but I was too busy trying it out to listen.  :evil4:

The P pickup does seem to overwhelm the bridge jazz, as is usual I suppose. I like the parallel/serial selector on the P-pickup, but putting both the pickups into serial together doesn't seem to give that louder phat sound, I see If I can get some video/sound samples up tomorrow or something.

I had the same thing with those alumitones, the P pickup overwhelming the J.  I partially alleviated the issue by increasing the P pickup distance from the strings.

excuse the tuneless noodling, you can't afford my best work  :sad1:  I was more concentrating on breathing in than my playing.  :-\

[youtube]5DGS76ORCXM[/youtube]

The push pulls I'm playing with, on the P bass volume puts the P into parallel, on the J volume puts both pickups into series.

I cut off the Jazz solo at the start, oopsie. But it sounds thin and quiet.

ghotiphry said:
I had the same thing with those alumitones, the P pickup overwhelming the J.  I partially alleviated the issue by increasing the P pickup distance from the strings.

Do you find the G and E are louder than the middle two strings on the Jazz pickup?

Maybe it's just me.

Anyway, stuck the logo on, tanks Cagey! Failed to get the 'Made in USA' on.

I got the 'Made' bit on, but the 'I' was impossible so I have up, and well it wasn't made in the USA anyway.  :toothy12:

Have a picture of the headstock and I've put the old Purple Sparkle Purpleheart one neck next to it, really starting to darken to a rich deep purple that.

Attachments

• IMG_1056.JPG
    IMG_1056.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 9
Yeah, those original Warmoth logos with the "Made in USA" lettering beneath were problem children. The small lettering was just too small, too fragile, and couldn't hold enough adhesive so they were nearly impossible to transfer. I got a couple to work years ago after fiddling around for an hour, but a couple dozen other attempts ended up with those letters in the trash. The main logo looks nice, though.

Back