Post Up Your Pedalboards!

Yeah, I would go with a clone but I would be much happier with the real thing. Half of it is just the aesthetic appeal of an old fender, but also, the fact that it is, for the most part, an appreciating asset. I'm pretty confident that prices on old champs are going to start kicking up(look how fast princetons rose) and I'd like to get my foot in the door before that happens, while they're still so cheap.

Back to the subject of effects, I'm going to be ordering a surfy bear spring reverb that will be housed in a 1590bb and used on my board as a pedal. The reverb tank itself will fit right under the panels. Excited to mess with real spring verb in pedal form.

Just finished so I gotta do it.  Works well for me for single coils and humbuckers.  I can cover a good amount of ground with this setup.

Attachments

• Board.JPG
    Board.JPG
    490.4 KB · Views: 438
I preordered one of the new Pedaltrain models - the Metro 16, which is going to let me make this board (Photoshop mockup):

metro%2016%20w%20pedals%20amp%20rotosphere.jpg

hmm .. I think I redo my board about twice a month.  Not pictured here are a BigSky and a few MoogerFoogers.  I'm currently running nothing but the TS-9, volume pedal and tuner with the BigSky in the effect loop.

IMG_0107_zpse34f8054.jpg

You may be a candidate for a buffer :p

jmcecil said:
hmm .. I think I redo my board about twice a month.  Not pictured here are a BigSky and a few MoogerFoogers.  I'm currently running nothing but the TS-9, volume pedal and tuner with the BigSky in the effect loop.

IMG_0107_zpse34f8054.jpg

fdesalvo said:
You may be a candidate for a buffer :p
LOL, I actually have a Pure Tone.  But, it surprisingly makes very, very little difference in that setup. I run an 8' cable to the volume pedal and 10' to the amp.  I've also run direct using the A/B sometimes, and I just don't get a lot of "thinning".  There's a little, but not terrible.  But, like a said.  I'm down to 3 pedals now (Volume, TS, BigSky, four if you count the tuner off the volume pedal). 

fdesalvo said:
Haha good on ya man :laughing7:
:headbang1:  One other thing.  The ChoralFlange is actually in Buffer mode.  But, since it's at the end of the chain I figured the PureTone would make a big difference if I put it at the front.  It just didn't make enough difference to bother with it.  For "in my room" playing just a little tweak makes it sound virtually identical.  And since that's all I ever do, it's not a big deal.  If I ever gigged, I'd be much fussier.

Right on.  Plus, if you ever gigged, that little difference in treble could easily be lost in the mix haha. 

Here's my stage rig. On the left of the pedal board is the pre-amp for my Leslie 145 which runs into an Uncle Spot stand-alone- reverb and then to the Leslie. On the right of the board is Fulltone Tube Tape Echo which starts the guitar signal path into a modified to vintage specs TS9, to a bV overdrive for more distortion, to a EP Booster, to a boss DD3, to a Boss Tuner and then out to the Super Reverb and the Leslie which are both isolated off stage. The Full Drive 2 and the Fuzzy Drive with its heavy distortion  get used occasionally if I'm in the mood. 
IMG_9950_zpszutku8ni.jpg

Tonar8353 said:
Here's my stage rig. On the left of the pedal board is the pre-amp for my Leslie 145 which runs into an Uncle Spot stand-alone- reverb and then to the Leslie. On the right of the board is Fulltone Tube Tape Echo which starts the guitar signal path into a modified to vintage specs TS9, to a bV overdrive for more distortion, to a EP Booster, to a boss DD3, to a Boss Tuner and then out to the Super Reverb and the Leslie which are both isolated off stage. The Full Drive 2 and the Fuzzy Drive with its heavy distortion  get used occasionally if I'm in the mood. 

You doing P/W music?  Also, have you tried placing the booster before the dirt pedals?  Nice little rig, though!

My Pedaltrain Metro 16 with hard case arrived today. I just finished putting the board together with it that I've been planning around my H&K Tube Rotosphere. The Rotosphere is an exact fit on the board, and leaves no room to spare at all in the case... but it fits like a glove. It's almost like that Metro 16 and case was designed for the Rotosphere. The H&K doesn't need much accompaniment by other effects; the only other things on the board are a Boss tuner and an Earthquaker Devices Speaker Cranker. Both of these have low power consumption, so I'm powering them with 9v batteries. This way I just have to find one outlet for the Tube Rotosphere power adapter. I love this new board. Simple but mighty! Check it out:

pt%20metro16%20case%201.jpg

pt%20metro16%20open%20case%20w%20brd%20ins.jpg

pt%20metro16%20brd%20w%20rotosphere.jpg

pt%20metro16%20brd%20w%20rotosphere%20frm%20back.jpg

I'm selling a new metro 24 with hard case. Picked up two "can't live without" pedals, rendering it too small!  Bought a new classic jr. No room to grow, but no massive real estate prompting me to buy a switchable looper and 7 more pedals.

KaiserSoze said:
I use the Ace Thirty for some Tom Petty, U2,or Police and run it fairly clean. This setup sounds great with my Strat with roadhouse 65s.

Damn straight.

Here's my latest mock-up.  New board arrives Tuesday. Can be used to put FX through my Budda's loop or into into my other amp's front end (behind the ODs) depending on scenario.  To accomplish that, I patch the "FX send" and "to amp" jacks and use the "FX return" to go the the amp's input in the latter scenario.

pedalboard%20final_zpsdryfw1hf.jpg

Back