Post Up Your Pedalboards!

DocNrock

Master Member
It's what the title says. We all have our favorite effects. Let's see what you have, how you have it wired, etc.

I'd also love to see placement of A/B switch boxes, what is in front of the amp vs. in the effects loop, etc.

I just thought of this and it's getting kind of late, so I'll put pics of mine up tomorrow. 

Back to yours, feel free to add a narrative!  :headbang1:

Pics of mine once it's rounded out - Got two boxes coming this week.

So far, looking like it'll be:

Guitar - EHX Pitchfork - Pro Tone My Dead Pony OD - Boss PV1 Volume/Boost - Boss DM2 - EQD Dispatch Master.

Also run an echotron rack for delay and loop when I'm in the mood.

I currently have four different pedalboards, each with an assortment of effects I've put together that are well suited to work with each other, and that I use in rotation or for different musical needs or different moods I get into. Each has these at a minimum: a tuner (I like Boss TU-3s); a drive pedal of some sort; and some sort of modulation. I also like compression for my single coil guitars, so three of my boards also have compressors. Here they are:

This first one is my stereo board. On it are: TU-3, Boss CS-3 compressor, Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive, Wampler Leviathan fuzz, EQD Organizer, Boss DC-2 Dimension C stereo analog chorus, and a Hughes & Kettner Tube Rotosphere Leslie simulator. The last two pedals are stereo, and these go to a matched pair of modified vintage Fender Champ amplifiers.
soloistpedalsamps.jpg

And here are my three small boards:

Nano #1: TU-3, EQD Chrysalis overdrive, EQD Grand Otbiter Phase Machine, and Dr Scientist Mini Reverberator.

Nano #2: TU-3, EQD The Warden compressor, EQD Speaker Cranker overdrive, EQD Disaster Transport modulated delay.

Mini: TU-3, Boss CS-3 compressor, Subdecay Super Nova Drive, EQD Sea Machine chorus, EQD Ghost Echo reverb.
miniandnanos.jpg

ಠ_ಠ said:

Guitar - EHX Pitchfork - Pro Tone My Dead Pony OD - Boss PV1 Volume/Boost - Boss DM2 - EQD Dispatch Master.

@ಠ_ಠ:  I had to Google a couple of these, as I'm not too familiar with the boutique pedal market.  Looks like some great tones coming your way. 

@Mrpinter:  Cool idea having multiple smaller boards for different sounds/moods/guitars, etc.  I see a good number of EQD pedals.  I don't know much about them.  What is it that you like about them?  When I post up my two boards, you will see everything I have is Boss.  Not because I think they are the best, only because they are the brand I am most familiar with. 

@Emmajost:  bot-speak!

First of all, there is nothing at all second rate about Boss pedals... I've had many of them and still use some, as you can see. About Earthquaker Devices: they are very well made; are very innovative and creative - as an example, the Ghose Echo has a defeat-able very subtle slap back delay that's really nice, and the Disaster Transport I have is a modulated delay - it has a beautiful vibrato type effect built into it that you can turn on or off; next, they tend to have the best sounds in their respective categories (to my ears anyway); and finally, they're made in the USA (Akron, OH)

DocNrock said:
ಠ_ಠ said:

@ಠ_ಠ:  I had to Google a couple of these, as I'm not too familiar with the boutique pedal market.  Looks like some great tones coming your way. 

@Mrpinter:  Cool idea having multiple smaller boards for different sounds/moods/guitars, etc.  I see a good number of EQD pedals.  I don't know much about them.  What is it that you like about them?  When I post up my two boards, you will see everything I have is Boss.  Not because I think they are the best, only because they are the brand I am most familiar with. 

Mine are not the most common pedals! Nice though. Don't know that most of them would be boutique, but I guess the boss ones are considered vintage. Ha!

On the subject boss: They make a huge range of pedals. I tend to prefer their older ones, but they're great pedals either way. The two I currently own are lovely, although I'm considering swapping the DM2 for an mxr carbon copy.

As far as other companies to check out. Earthquaker is lovely and reasonably priced, but definitely more expensive than boss. Definitely check out electro harmonix(EHX) - They make amazing pedals for the money. The Soul Food overdrive is awesome - Klon t@nz at $70. Pitchfork too is amazing value - We'll see if it makes itself a permanent place on my board.

ಠ_ಠ said:
DocNrock said:
ಠ_ಠ said:

Mine are not the most common pedals! Nice though. Don't know that most of them would be boutique, but I guess the boss ones are considered vintage. Ha!

On the subject boss: They make a huge range of pedals. I tend to prefer their older ones, but they're great pedals either way. The two I currently own are lovely, although I'm considering swapping the DM2 for an mxr carbon copy.

As far as other companies to check out. Earthquaker is lovely and reasonably priced, but definitely more expensive than boss. Definitely check out electro harmonix(EHX) - They make amazing pedals for the money. The Soul Food overdrive is awesome - Klon t@nz at $70. Pitchfork too is amazing value - We'll see if it makes itself a permanent place on my board.

Nice!  I tend to think of anything that is not Boss or DOD as "boutique," lol.  I've been playing since '83, although listening to me you might think I just started last week.  :laughing7:  All that was really available when I started was Boss and DOD.  Oh, and the Ibanez Tube Screamer, which I have. 

Here's mine.  This pedal board is my input that goes in front of the amp: 

In the effects loop are my modulation effects.  The third pedal from the right is a bit difficult to read with the flash reflection.  It is a PS-6 Harmonist.  The RC-3 Loop Station off to the left is only put in the chain if I am using it at the time.

I'm thinking about getting an A/B box to make two separate signal paths in front of the amp.  The box would include or exclude the entire first pedal board, since all the pedals in that board are mostly for lead.

Here's a bass player's pedalboard ...
I play in a cover band, and we do songs from the 70's all the way to the 2000's, so I need a variety of tones.

The signal chain:

TC Polytune (best tuner pedal I've ever used) ->
MXR Bass Compressor (always on ... apparently the same circuit as the DBX160.  Very even sounding even with a 5 string) ->
SansAmp VT Bass (for tubey type tones) ->
Black Loop Minimal (just to keep tap dancing to a minimum.  The next 2 pedals are the A and B loop, so they're always on) ->
(Loop A) EBS Multidrive (great distortion pedal)
(Loop B) Boss Bass Overdrive (nice grit from this one)
Boss Noise Surpressor (got this when I had an MXR 10 band EQ pedal because it was noisy ... I use it as a mute switch now)->
TC Corona Chorus (one of the few choruses I've used that doesn't destroy a bass' bottom end)->
TC Vortex Flanger (same as the chorus ... sounds great on bass)->
BBE Sonic Stomp (always on ... subtle, but nice)

Attachments

• pedalboard.jpg
    pedalboard.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 634
Very cool, AndyG. I bet you can get quite a range of sounds out of that board. I never really gave effects for bass that much thought. I play some bass, but usually just plug straight into the amp. I'll have to tinker around with some bass effects.  Thanks for posting!

DocNrock said:
Very cool, AndyG. I bet you can get quite a range of sounds out of that board. I never really gave effects for bass that much thought. I play some bass, but usually just plug straight into the amp. I'll have to tinker around with some bass effects.  Thanks for posting!
I was in the same frame of mind for a long time ... I started with the compressor, and like they say with potato chips ... you can't stop at just one!
The fact that my band has diversified our set has made the growth of my collection a bit of a personal necessity. 
If you'll notice, there is room for one more ... which will either be an Earthquaker devices Tone Job, or a Garkglass BK3.  I kinda miss having an EQ pedal, but the BK3 has a really unique character to it, so I'm still on the fence as to which one I want.  The fact I only play 5 strings eliminates the need (in my mind) for an octave pedal, and we don't play much funk, so an envelope filter isn't a requirement either ... but that too may change!

AndyG said:
Here's a bass player's pedalboard ...
I play in a cover band, and we do songs from the 70's all the way to the 2000's, so I need a variety of tones.

The signal chain:

TC Polytune (best tuner pedal I've ever used) ->
MXR Bass Compressor (always on ... apparently the same circuit as the DBX160.  Very even sounding even with a 5 string) ->
SansAmp VT Bass (for tubey type tones) ->
Black Loop Minimal (just to keep tap dancing to a minimum.  The next 2 pedals are the A and B loop, so they're always on) ->
(Loop A) EBS Multidrive (great distortion pedal)
(Loop B) Boss Bass Overdrive (nice grit from this one)
Boss Noise Surpressor (got this when I had an MXR 10 band EQ pedal because it was noisy ... I use it as a mute switch now)->
TC Corona Chorus (one of the few choruses I've used that doesn't destroy a bass' bottom end)->
TC Vortex Flanger (same as the chorus ... sounds great on bass)->
BBE Sonic Stomp (always on ... subtle, but nice)

Do you run direct?

Nice setup.

Yes .... I use the direct out of my amp, which is an Eden WT300 (pre EQ ... I use the amp's EQ to adjust my stage sound).  Unforutnately, I think that the amp is on its last mile, so I'll be looking for another one soon.

Tuner to Soul Food to Wampler Ace Thirty to Catalinbread 5F6 to joyo Ultimate Drive to Wampler Plexi Drive to Alter Ego delay.
I use the Soul Food as a boost.
This is all in front of a Peavey Delta Blues with an upgraded set of tubes suggested in an amp forum.  It has a warm clean tone and great bass. That said, either the 5f6 or the Plexi are on most of the time. I use the Ace Thirty for some Tom Petty, U2,or Police and run it fairly clean. This setup sounds great with my Strat with roadhouse 65s.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 476
Back