Post Up Your Pedalboards!

Might not be everyone's cup of tea around here, but this is my noise/glitch board, and I love it. I use it mainly for solo performances with loops made from the Volca Beats+Keys, guitar and bass.

IMG_5462.jpg

Chain is:

Dr. Scientist - Reverberator
Ibanez - Standard Fuzz
Montreal Assembly - Count to 5
Boss - RV-3
Seppuku - Memory Loss
Fuzzhugger - custom Algal Bloom
MASF - Rapito
Seppuku - Digital Water
Industrialectric - Echo Degrader
Dr. Scientist - BitQuest!
Smallsound/Bigsound - No Memory
Hypnodrone - LSDelay (optic sensor based delay)
Red Panda - Particle
Industrialectric - RM-1N ("Reverberation Machine")

No effects on mine - just switches and controllers...

Attachments

• PedalBoardSm.JPG
    PedalBoardSm.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 425
ಠ_ಠ said:
Really liking my setup right now. Built myself a board a little over a week ago! Made from an old fruit crate, pretty proud of my work. Square, solid, and it looks funky.

<edited to save space>

Love the fruit crate. That is awesome looking.
MULLY

Here's mine. Nothing here that's gonna make anyone stop and take notice. The board itself is a Gator Pedal Tote. No real need to say what is here as you can see it on the board. Except for the LINE 6 on the right, that's my wireless unit in a leather ESP case. I don't like to keep it on the strap if I'm not playing out. Patch cables are by a company called Montreux. Expensive little bastards but they really do make a difference. Oh, I also have a Dunlop EVH Wah but I don't usually have it on the board. Not a big wah player here, bought it because of the stripes. Would love to get the red and white version.

Sorry, I would have put my amp in the pic with this but it's downstairs. I decided to stop killing my back by carrying heavy gear around so I got rid of my Dual Rectifier and 4x12 and picked up the Mesa Mini Rectifier 25w with a Mesa Mini Rectifier 1x12 slant cab. Best decision I've ever made. I've played some pretty big places with that little bugger and it holds it's own against the big boys. Best part is I can carry everything I need in one trip.
MULLY

mullyman said:
Sorry, I would have put my amp in the pic with this but it's downstairs. I decided to stop killing my back by carrying heavy gear around so I got rid of my Dual Rectifier and 4x12 and picked up the Mesa Mini Rectifier 25w with a Mesa Mini Rectifier 1x12 slant cab. Best decision I've ever made. I've played some pretty big places with that little bugger and it holds it's own against the big boys. Best part is I can carry everything I need in one trip.

You're not alone. In fact, many clubs/bars here won't even let you bring in big rigs any more. They see you dragging a 412 or 2 in and they'll shut you down RFN. Plus, PA systems have gotten much better in recent years, so a small, versatile amp or modeller is all you need.

The expression pedals are Volume, Wah, Rate and Pitch. The Boss switches are scene changers at the moment, but the intent is to make them control the looper.

mullyman said:
ಠ_ಠ said:
Really liking my setup right now. Built myself a board a little over a week ago! Made from an old fruit crate, pretty proud of my work. Square, solid, and it looks funky.

<edited to save space>

Love the fruit crate. That is awesome looking.
MULLY

Thanks! Working on making those to sell... Fun stuff.

In progress. Ambient/Rock board for giggin' and P/W use..

pedalboard_zpss5gon86x.png

Fruit crate dude: Damn I have no clue how to address you other than "skunk eye emoticon guy" haha.  Looks like you also have place for a nice pair of handcuffs.  That's a little presumptuous, don't you think?  :laughing7:

You pedal dudes, you knock me out.  I had some pedals once.  When I got my first electric guitar and amp, within six months I also picked up a Korg chorus pedal, a Yamaha flanger, and a DOD "American Metal" pedal.  A year or so later I picked up an early Roland (not Boss) rack-mount delay for super cheap - I think I got two whole seconds of analog echo out of that baby.  I gave it all away because it was a pain in the ass and my signal was noisy and I sucked as a guitarist and was at least able to discern that the outboard gear wasn't helping.  I became a guitar-and-amp-only dude, and since then, while I have improved a lot as a player, I still feel like playing through a lot of effects doesn't give me sounds that I really want to be making.  I have a Fender Mustang III modeling amp, and while it can do all sorts of neat things, I find myself gravitating repeatedly to the sounds that mimic plain ol' tube amps and spring reverbs.  Fact is, I am now reasonably adept at extracting interesting (to me) sounds from effects at this point, but I just feel like I'm copping someone else's vibe when I do it.  Amp reverb and power tube clipping seems like where I need to be.  You effectologists really do make some amazing sounds sometimes.  I'm glad you're doing it so I don't have to.  I get to enjoy a signal chain that looks like this:

Guitar%20cable-630-80.jpg

Now, if something really bizarre happened and I found myself in a cover band, I'd be the first to admit you can't do justice to a whole lot of songs audiences love without a decent multi-effects unit, so I'd probably spring for a Tonelab or a HD500 or something to cover all the bases.  For now, it's just me on my couch, though, so - HONK goes the Vox AC4TV.

fdesalvo said:
Fruit crate dude: Damn I have no clue how to address you other than "skunk eye emoticon guy" haha.  Looks like you also have place for a nice pair of handcuffs.  That's a little presumptuous, don't you think?  :laughing7:

Haha, no worries. It's Preston, by the way. Handcuffs... Hilarious. :toothy12: nah, I think what you're seeing is the ebow pocket. Gotta love some ebow.

Nice board! I play at the Austin Stone, the guitar tones at this church are freaking great. Couple very familiar pedals on that board of yours.

Here's mine as it is right now:

image.jpg

Fairfield comp, greyscale hellcat, ernie ball vpjr, boss dm2, earthquaker organizer, earthquaker dispatch master... In that order.

Just grabbed the hellcat and the organizer, and sold the pitchfork. Lots of cool tones on this board. Got a custom in the works, and then I'm going to take a break from pedals and buy myself an old Fender champ.

The one other thing I'm really wanting is another fairfield compressor, one for light, always on compression, and another for when the slide comes out.

Nice to meet u Preston lol. I noticed that by hovering the cursor over yor username, a harious animated effect occurs.

Cool board tho for real. I almost pulled the trigger on that dispatch master. It's a gorgeous pedal. What amp are you running things through?

I'm going through an orange dual terror. Nice chunky overdrive, but the cleans are not stellar... Got a $400 gig in a couple months, that combined with a nice chunk of each paycheck up until then will get me a nice blackface champ or similar.

Oh yeah. I remember your thread about that orange. Cool. Yeah, that little fender is on a whole new level.

Yah. I was going to say - don't overlooked used boutique clones. That circuit is really simple to build and getting a more robust and reliable version of a classic circuit has its advantages - especially when it can be found for less $$. At the same time, I know the appeal of getting the real thing. 

fdesalvo said:
At the same time, I know the appeal of getting the real thing. 

As the old saying goes: chance favors the prepared. You never know when some starving musician is going to fire-sale something precious because the wolves are at the door. Makes it a good idea to have a little contingency fund set aside for just such an occasion.

Back