V-locity build

Here's a recap of a few things that happened between my updates.

--I ended up doing a second complete fret job. The more I played it, the less satisfied I became. The frets were still too tall and the crown wasn't exactly fantastic. I didn't really care for how the radius felt on the lower section of the neck either. This is the stock 10"-16" compound radius. I don't know, maybe for me, this is a solution for a problem I really don't have. If I'd do it again, I would just get a 12" straight radius and be done with it. So as I took the frets down, I just removed some of the "compoundedness". Now it's at the point where I don't have any niggling thoughts about how the neck feels when I'm playing.

--As I went about taping and removing tape for the fret jobs, I kept reburnishing the back of the neck. I took it up to 2500 grit, which just feels perfect for this neck.

--The truss rod cover as I originally had it was a bit too thick and chunky, so I slimmed it down to look like this:
53892109189_c62b3d1340_w.jpg

Unless I come across something else that bothers me, I'm going to call this DONE!!!
53890925637_a24250db11_n.jpg

This pic was an accident when I was standing back up from taking the previous pic. I think it looks kind of weird and cool.
53890925632_8a404d3f09_n.jpg

Thanks to everyone that helped me with this build, whether it was directly or indirectly. I appreciate everything I've learned from this forum. Whether I build another or not, it's time for me to play guitar now.

Hasta luego!!!
In regards to the second pic, good on you for sinking back a couple!

In regards to the second pic, good on you for sinking back a couple!
:LOL: It does kinda look like that, doesn't it? Unfortunately, it was only the result of 55 year old knees trying to come up from a full kneeling position and my thumb hitting the damn screen as I reached for the chair beside me! 😔 I like your story better.

:LOL: It does kinda look like that, doesn't it? Unfortunately, it was only the result of 55 year old knees trying to come up from a full kneeling position and my thumb hitting the damn screen as I reached for the chair beside me! 😔 I like your story better.
Vern, you're telling me, I am staring down the barrel of double knee replacement. Being a scared wimp, I am getting by with cortisone injections into the knees. With 90-95% cartilage gone, and an irreparable severed MCL I literally feel your pain every day.

There’s been a few people at work that have had knee replacements and/or get cortisone injections in various body parts. Neither one is a joke, from what they tell me.

Spud, I don’t envy the choices that you’re facing.

There’s been a few people at work that have had knee replacements and/or get cortisone injections in various body parts. Neither one is a joke, from what they tell me.

Spud, I don’t envy the choices that you’re facing.
Can you have the surgery for me?

Back