Padauk and lace burl redwood build

There's something about those cutways, it looks like a Rickenbacker (4000/600, the solidbodies) on acid!  Particularly that top one looks like a Ric bass cutaway except bent back a bit.

Very cool regardless!  Can't wait to see it under a finish.

neuftone said:
There's something about those cutways, it looks like a Rickenbacker (4000/600, the solidbodies) on acid!  Particularly that top one looks like a Ric bass cutaway except bent back a bit.

Have to confess, it's my take on Scott French SF3 that I like http://www.scottfrench.com/s/Gallery/Finished%20Customs

Finally got up the courage to drill the bridge mounting holes.....

090811_bridge_on1.jpg

090811_bridge_on2.jpg

It fits!!!!!  :blob7: :cool01: :blob7: :cool01: :blob7:

Not bad for a hand drill and a drill stand...  :icon_jokercolor:
Now all I have to do is recess the one-piece string mount block and the screw mount blocks.  :icon_scratch:

Mr. Hannes himself was on here insisting his bridge is the greatest thing since sliced bread... I think he got banned or something.  :tard:  Let us know how it actually is!  Looks sweet, at least!  :rock-on:

djf67 said:
neuftone said:

Have to confess, it's my take on Scott French SF3 that I like http://www.scottfrench.com/s/Gallery/Finished%20Customs

No harm done, I think we all have our own love affairs with certain designs. And whether they are too expensive or just to rare, we find a way to do the best we can. I did the same think with my Krank N Stein, it's my version of an old Kramer metal neck XL5. :dontknow:

Kool ass bridge btw, I like it... :icon_thumright:

No pics today but the back is now routed for the anchor plates for the bridge, the edges ovolo'd and I'm now starting on carving with a spokeshave (or grinding discs if I get bored  :icon_biggrin:).

Ah, my cynical Brazilian friend....
Perhaps this latest update will appease you. Attacked it with an abrasive wheel on a power drill  :evil4:
I was more orange than George Hamilton IV afterwards!

090818_carvedfront1.jpg

090818_carvedfront2.jpg

090818_carvedback1.jpg

090818_carvedback2.jpg

090818_carvededge1.jpg

090818_carvededge2.jpg

This body is starting to look good to me! think that strat neck helps a little :D
Can't wait to see it finished, this top will pop awesomely!

wow, each pic looks better and better. I was skeptical at first but now I'm a believer. I also think the bridge is cool.

Every day I stop in and check this thing out again haha. Its such a sweet build. I love that bridge, let me know how it works out, I want to put it on one of my builds. :icon_thumright:

On hold for the mo' -
sIdetracked by my explorer
fed up of getting covered in very fine orange padauk dust when sanding
British weather is currently foobared and I have to work outside  :sad1:

Nice evening (I have to do most of this work outside), early finish from work, explorer cut out so I've done some more work on this one; some more shaping with a rasp.

090910_morecarving1.jpg

090910_morecarving2.jpg

Back