Padauk and lace burl redwood build

Awww Yeah!

I was so pumped to see progress on this. Not going to lie, some of the previous pics looked a little sloppy, but I never said anything because I knew some more work would set it straight, and D*#@ is this is awesome now.

Quick question, what are you going to do with the heel? Or are you waiting till you get the neck in there/get the holes drilled?

Another one, wanna build one for me? :laughing7:

Wana's made a guitar said:
Have you heard of the the phrase Om Nom Nom?    :icon_jokercolor:

No, but I googled it - An onomatopoeical adjective based on the sound emitted when something is "oh so tasty"
Thanks!

rapfohl09 said:
Awww Yeah!

I was so pumped to see progress on this. Not going to lie, some of the previous pics looked a little sloppy, but I never said anything because I knew some more work would set it straight, and D*#@ is this is awesome now.

Quick question, what are you going to do with the heel? Or are you waiting till you get the neck in there/get the holes drilled?

Another one, wanna build one for me? :laughing7:

Thanks, I think.
Glad you think it's looking better but some of it is still, and always will be, sloppy. But, hey, it's my second ever guitar body and I have zero woodwork experience before building the first one. That one was sloppy. It's a learing curve. The explorer (3rd) is better and the next one will be better still. Hopefully!

I'm going to try recessed ferrules and shape the heel but, as you say, will see what I've got to play with when the neck is on. Don't know if you can tell, but the heel is already 1/4" shallower than the full depth of the back.

Haha yeah sorry that didnt sound like much of a compliment, ill try again.

That thing is beautiful I love padauk on just about anything :icon_thumright:

A bit of room for shaping the heel...

090916_neckferrules.jpg

It's coming together real nice!!
I'm a big fan of recessed ferrules.
:headbang:

Watershed said:
It's coming together real nice!!
I'm a big fan of recessed ferrules.
:headbang:
I actually think they look kinda cool myself, but they're bad for my business.... :dontknow:

Wait that wasn't me, I didn't say that..... :doh:

Back