New Warmoth Website: Beta Testers Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
We are looking for a handful of people to do some beta testing on the new Warmoth website....basically peruse the new site on a somewhat regular basis, testing features and functions, and providing feedback on what you encounter. A computer background of some kind would be helpful. I cannot promise any kind of compensation at this point, though something may be arranged later.

We will set up a private thread on UW to keep track of what we find and discuss.

Obviously you will need to be willing to agree to secrecy for the time being.

If you're interested, make it known below. Thanks everybody!

I’m in.
I do quite a bit of beta testing at work and I visit the Warmoth site as well as the Unofficial W forum daily.
Let me know if you need my help.

Fat Pete said:
Happy to help too, though I have no experience and am fairly stupid.

No need to worry: Algernon will not be part of this test.

I'm in too.  I'm an IT analyst by trade.  Unemployed at the moment (my company folded up into a parent company) so I've got time on my hands.  :confused4:  Horrible time to be looking for a job.

giphy.gif

Warmoth has played a large part in something spiritual and creative in my life.  So, yes, I'm in.

Sign me up.  I've been in tech or tech-adjacent for pretty much my entire career, and have done some beta-testing as an end-user.  Plus anything I can give back to this community will be freely and happily contributed.

I'm not much of a coding expert, but I spend a good majority of my day on a computer; I can recognize when something doesn't work like it should.

Is this desktop only or are you also testing how it looks on a mobile device?

Love to do it.  While I'm not a techie, I was the editor of a computer magazine back in the 80's, helped develop form judicial decisions (which were these computer based things), spearheaded the creation of web based legal management software and helped developed a cloud based call center.  I also edited and fact checked government website content before the websites went live.

Plus I'm pretty familiar with the warmoth.com website.

Plus plus ... I can keep my mouth shut.

Let me know

No experience here but if you need a totally non-tech test of things, I'll be glad to take a look at it.

loads of experience in website development.  I'm in if you need another hat in the ring.

Far from an IT geek, but I'm more than willing to test.  At work, I'm know for being that guy that finds errors.  I'm here everyday anyway.

I'm a software engineer by trade and would be happy to help out if needed.

Happy to help. I already peruse the website almost every day lately thinking about my next build (got any counseling referral to avoid that, by the way ?), so I'm happy to try the beta site instead.

Also happy to help. Ten years in software support with some development thrown in, and then some twenty-five in telecoms. And I have a knack for seeing where exactly something is likely to break.

Thanks everybody. We only need about 8-10 people at this point. I will PM a bunch of you on Tuesday with details. If you don't get a PM please don't take it personally. Its not that I think you aren't qualified to do it. It's just that I don't like you.  :icon_biggrin:

If you get a PM the first thing I will need in your IP address.

I’m in! 20 year web dev / designer so know a little that may be of use... :laughing7:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back