Worth the wait for the new Website?

loquendo89

I'll be putting my order in for my warmoth project at the end of this month. I've heard on Tone Talk and (probably) on Aaron's YT videos that there will be a new website launching soon. I don't know how soon it is actually going to launch, but do you all think there will be new options or something along those lines? Should I wait for the website to launch before I put my order in?

I imagine standing up the website is going to take longer than expected.  If I had some money burning a hole in my pocket I'd burn it.  Burn it now!  What are you thinking about buying?

Not really sure on the body style or headstock style yet. I own a Warmoth Tele from 2005 that I will "pair" this new guitar with; they will be buddies. I also own a Norlin Les Paul that this guitar will replace  as a workhorse guitar; my Gibson is becoming a little too special to me.

What I know for sure- it'll have a maple body, 25.5" maple standard thin neck, ebony fretboard, probably SS6105 (unless Warmoth makes a 6130 in SS) and EMG Hx/Sx 18v in the bridge and middle, nothing in the neck.

I'm not sure if I want to copy my Les Paul radius (which has a Norlin thin neck) or my Tele radius, it might be dependent on the fret wire...but also like the idea of taking a chance on one of those compound radius' things Warmoth specializes in. I'm also keen on the roller nut but might go a graphtech style nut...

I bounce around the Tele and Jazzmaster style body mostly concerned with comfort and a bit of variety but I really know that I can rely on the tele body as I already own one and am happy with it. I also bounce around the Angled Strat, CBS Strat, Arcade and Slapshot, it's purely a an aesthetic choice for the headstock. All the color stuff still is undecided, I'll be doing that all myself... not much of guy sold on looks.

My inspirations are all over the place, that might dictate the looks...I don't know. I primarily compose original stuff and it usually doesn't reflect my influences. When the virus lets up, I'll be gigging with this guitar.

I don't think it's a change in business model or options so much as it's just going to be a better user interface. The options and cusomizations currently available have some exceptions that make presenting them as a choice would break some of the automation or  confuse the users or shop. They're certainly capable of a great many things, but they require some direct conversation.

On the plus side, the sales folks aren't just order-takers. They're quite talented and know what works or doesn't, or what the factory is willing to build. Calling them isn't going to eat your life while you wait for answers/pricing.

The website just lists what you can get. That won't change with a new website. Go for it.

No need to wait for the new website. If you want something, order it now, IMO.

FYI, we will probably be soliciting beta testers for the new website next week. If you are interested in applying, start updating your CV now.  :icon_biggrin:

I'll make a new post when we are ready.

I feel like you're going to wait regardless, and the longer you wait to order. The longer you'll end up waiting in the long run. The good thing about waiting in line is eventually you get to the front of it.

I just put my order in. I'm in no rush to get it, I just hope I crossed my 'I's and dotted my 'T's. I am looking forward to it all the same! I haven't bought a guitar since 2005. Thanks for you help! I'll post when everything arrives! Thank you for the warm welcome!

Back