A glimpse at the new website

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
Figured you guys might like a peek at what we've been working on the last four years. What to look forward to:

• Gigantic mega-menus that take you where want without a bunch of side-scrolling
  • The entire site is mobile-friendly...all of it, custom-builders included
  • Every single BTO product has a visual builder, including the necks!
  • Completely revamped hardware section, with thousands of all-new photos
The goal is to have this new site rolled out in spring 2020 (gulp). We are in the final stages now, with end-to-end testing set to commence in January.

Attachments

• mega-menu.png
    mega-menu.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 799
  • strat-showcase.png
    strat-showcase.png
    687.9 KB · Views: 594
  • neck-builder.png
    neck-builder.png
    206.9 KB · Views: 553
  • pickups.png
    pickups.png
    218.5 KB · Views: 500
Ooooh, how cool is that?! Looks awesome!
Can’t wait to start using this.
Got a new neck that I need to buy.

AirCap said:
Four years?

And by the time it goes live, you'll need another upgrade.

Like painting the Brooklyn Bridge: as soon as you finish, it's time to start again.

I've been involved with massive website and programming and it's more complicated than it seems.

Wait!!! Mobile friendly?!?!?! But when I have just my smartphone, it's the only time I'm safe from not browsing and building all my guitar ideas and tempting myself to buy more stuff!!!!

.....so THAT'S your dastardly plan......

The Aaron said:

Now we're talking.... You married??  :laughing7:
Really looking forward to this, good job on that!  :headbang:

Timmsie95 said:
The Aaron said:

Now we're talking.... You married??  :laughing7:
Really looking forward to this, good job on that!  :headbang:

Might as well light the powder-keg now:

There is a price attached to having builders for every single product. It is: finish options on bodies will no longer be represented visually. The visual builder will follow along all the way to the finish options, and end there. There a few couple reasons for this:

1. The simulated finish options on the current builder look awful, and set up false expectations that lead to returns and lost sales
2. The finishes are the single-most difficult part of the visual builder, and the reason we were never able to keep up with getting all the products in it.

What you will get instead is a greatly enhanced finish preview tool, that shows an actual photograph of every single finish over multiple woods. For example, you'll get actual photos of Trans Red of alder, swamp ash, mahogany, black korina, etc, in both gloss and satin.

We expect much gnashing of teeth over this, but hopefully the new finish preview tool will help soften people's ire. It's the way it has to be.

Attachments

• finish2.png
    finish2.png
    287.1 KB · Views: 352
No gnashing of teeth here. I think that will be a good way to go. As it is now, not all the bodies have the fancy run along the builder anyway. A quick search through the in-stock bodies will net most of the common colors and anything not there your little photo samples will carry one beyond that. I can only imagine the extensive database needed to cover all body styles in all colors. Best of British luck to that!

Looking forward to the new builder.

I think that's grat. There's times where I'll do a mockup and think "I KNOW Purple Frost doesn't look like that..." hahaha
This will be a great improvement, in my opinion.

Timmsie95 said:
I think that's grat. There's times where I'll do a mockup and think "I KNOW Purple Frost doesn't look like that..." hahaha
This will be a great improvement, in my opinion.

Yep.

We have often pondered how many sales we lose because someone builds something up, then adds paint and thinks "that looks awful!"

YO the new site looks fresh to death! Visual thing for necks? Dope af. I like the 70's color scheme too. Retro tastic, my nuggs! just like for the new soul asylum album, i can't wait!

Back