New Showcase Body Build Underway

Verne Bunsen said:
fdesalvo said:
Inbound: Barber "Tone Press", J Rockett "The Dude" Dumble OD, Wampler "Tumnus" Boost and "Pinnacle Deluxe V2".  Really excited about reinventing my sound.

The Dude is awesome. I got one for a buddy of mine for Christmas, gave it a thorough "quality assurance" trial before handing it over. You'll have fun with that.

Can't give your friends bad gear!  Seems like a great lead tone for cutting through the mix.

Good to hear that Musikraft is doing the right thing. Better a little wait than a neck that's AFU.
:icon_thumright:

Thanks, gang.  Some pics of a couple of the new boxes.  Expecting The Dude & Tumnus to arrive today.

51A5DFD4-5A6B-43E7-9795-D0AA9168CE88_zpsu0ra75tq.jpg

5259AB1A-0A85-457F-A8F1-B47AFB8F3244_zpsbnonjp3w.jpg

:bananaguitar:

Commercial server space is pretty inexpensive. Cheaper than Photobucket, and you generally get a lot more space. Plus, nobody spying on you or adding malware to your machine. Check out the packages at 1&1.

Cagey - indeed, my friend.

Strat/Log: Thank you!  The back carve is just PERFECT for my hand, too.  This is the first neck of the 7 or so I've finished that really transformed once the Tru Oil hit it.  The others were enhanced, no doubt, but this one literally came alive.  I've got another couple coats to go, then I'll try burying the waterslide in some 2K clear.  After that, it's off to the tanning bed to darken the finish.

I was wondering if it is possible to only clear the front of the headstock without wrapping the finish around the sides and reat, as Ernie Ball does it.  I'm looking to avoid that hard line on the back of the neck.  :icon_scratch:

Do you have pictures of the other side of the neck. I think that is maple also. Which neck profile did you get ?

Did you put tru oil on the front of the headstock ?

Anyway here is how I would go about masking the neck to spray just the face part of the headstock. Which is a reminder to me that the project linked to is still not completed although it is going back two years almost. Still no point in rushing a job :)

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=24977.msg362521#msg362521

Anyway back to the subject one of the things with tru oil, is that it can gas off for a long time. So I am hoping you have not put any on the face where you want to clear for the decal. Personally I would have done that job first and then the rest of the neck with the tru oil. If there is already tru oil on there you may need to wait for some time and then use some shellac possibly as a barrier to ensure no interaction between the tru oil and the top coats.

I'll take some pics of the front.  It's a 1-piece neck, so it looks almost identical.

Thin C: 79-89

You know, I actually cleared a bit of wood treated with TO and it didn't take but a week to fully cure - maybe less?  Must be due to the climate here in Southern Cali. 

Good looking out on that write-up; I remember that thing now.  Hurry and finish!

Ah same profile as mine. Climate no doubt makes a big difference.

I plan to get some new nitro ordered soon, but need to wait till the spring is well and truly here otherwise it will just be more work for naught.

stratamania said:
fdesalvo said:
stratamania said:
Ah same profile as mine.

I always knew you had good taste

Somehow I know you have also :)

My man!

BigSteve22 said:
Rgand said:
A maple neck just doesn't get any more beautiful than that. Looks great.
Couldn't have said it better. Superb looking lumber!  :icon_thumright:

If I had a nickel every time I heard that, I'd have a nickel.  :dontknow:

When it rains..Why did I not check this?  Such a rookie move to take someone's word for something and not validate.  Learn from my mistake.  Tempted to plug these bolt channels and just top mount it.  Need this done. 

5A1C0A5C-A131-44BD-A8EF-92B690355200_zpswihjcpys.jpg

67D5713D-CA45-4C8B-8DC3-2E4CD8C26F2A_zpsvyp8q0bg.jpg

DF6E38A7-81CB-41BE-B8D6-B68DDB1E8BD8_zpsdpmy3wtb.jpg

FF02FC1D-8378-43F1-918F-6058CEF237F8_zpsviswj7gt.jpg

Back