New Showcase Body Build Underway

Bagman67 said:
Now, to my discerning eye, that blue is not one I would call "cerulean," but I know the guys who name paint shades don't necessarily have accuracy in mind.

I wondered myself, so I went looking around. Wikipedia talks about the color's history and gives some examples (six, no less), none of which is even close to the color of his Strat. So, who knows?

Don't know if this helps the discussion any, but the RGB triplet that describes the guitar's color, (according to an 11x11 sample of the photo analyzed in photoshop), is 116,193,187. Pantone's Cerulean is 154,183,213. However Pantone's Aqua Sky is 123,184,194, which is a lot closer. Of course sample readings change depending on where in the image it is taken from.

Regardless of what you call it, it's a great color for a guitar, and I for one love it!

:cool01:

Rgand said:
fdesalvo said:
Funny you should mention tortoise - I'm on a kick with that pattern and it would look amazing against any blue/green background.
I've been leaning toward that myself. Didn't like it for years but now on the right instrument it's amazing. Perhaps on my next build. Provided I can decide what that should be.  :laughing11:
I used to HATE it haha

When I think "cerulean," I think of the deep sky blue you get near the sea in southern climes (like the Mediterranean), not the watery pale blue you get at higher latitudes.  That looks more like a Caribbean lagoon.  Which is also lovely, as your guitar plainly demonstrates.

or maybe this:

[youtube]sukkqsH-79Q[/youtube]

Well played!  Whenever I hear or see the word "clime", I think of:

[youtube]JHFXG3r_0B8[/youtube]

And now I'm down the rabbit hole: 

[youtube]6-WzkpgVwLI[/youtube]

Free association is FUN!

Speaking of lovely coconuts...

611tI9UgikL._SX522_.jpg

Hey! You're right! Free association is fun!

Wearing coconut bras? Probably not so much.

Well, you start talking about showcase bodies and coconuts and the mind wanders...

fdesalvo said:
Bagman67 said:
Gorgeous axe, Frank.  ....  I might experiment with a tortoise-shell pickguard, but I'm a rebel that way.  Congrats on the grab.

Funny you should mention tortoise - I'm on a kick with that pattern and it would look amazing against any blue/green background.

Having built one of these recently, I can vouch. It's an amazing combination and I get at least one comment about it every time I gig with it. Tortoise and turquoise. Who knew??

The local BigBox had a run of American Special Strats with the rosewood necks recently. One they had in stock was also turquoise with the "aged" plastics that you've got. It was a really slick looking guitar as well.

Cagey said:
Speaking of lovely coconuts...

611tI9UgikL._SX522_.jpg

Hey! You're right! Free association is fun!

Wearing coconut bras? Probably not so much.

Hmmm... After reading that other thread on nut materials, I suddenly realize how attractive the zero nut option would be...

ByteFrenzy said:
Hmmm... After reading that other thread on nut materials, I suddenly realize how attractive the zero nut option would be...
Amen to that, Brother!
:laughing11: :laughing3: :laughing7:

Back