neck pockets?

Nauset

i understand that warmoth neck pockets are 3" long by 2 3/16" wide by 5/8" deep. My question is what is the radius at the neck pocket side near P/U?.  I am guessing it is in the neighborhood of 5" is that about right?  for a strat pocket of course.  And the corner radius is around 3/8" am i correct on that too?  Any help would be greatly apprecieated.

The end near the neck pickup is indeed 5".  We verified that this morning in response to an email.

I can check on Monday when I'm back at work, but I think the corners are in the neigborhood of 3/16". I'm not 100% on that though.

Thanks for that confirmation Tony.  And if you find out the corner radius that would be great.  I could begin programming to cut my new project.

Thanks again

Nauset

Nauset said:
Thanks for that confirmation Tony.  And if you find out the corner radius that would be great.  I could begin programming to cut my new project.

Thanks again

Nauset

And what would this project be that requires programming?

Wyliee said:
Nauset said:

Thanks again

Nauset

And what would this project be that requires programming?

Yea, now you have me curious as well
:icon_scratch:

Truthfully, I have not decided on a style of guitar yet.  I will however be buying a Warmoth Neck so I want to make sure i cut the pocket correct.  I am accually going to be making two guitars one is foing to be a Tele style which i know have a pocket style all its own. I am thinking the other is going to be something along the line of a soloist or a hybred of some kind.  I am a programmer/machinist and have access to several CNC HMC's and VMC's and am toying with the idea of trying to cut these two projects on one of the CNC's.  I have made one guitar from a warmoth body and neck, and i have made one using a router and templets.  I was not impressed with the templets so i figure this time i will design these two projects in solidworks and or master cam and write my own program for them and see how this way works out.  Either way I use Warmoth necks just because they are the best in the business in my opinion of course.  So that is why the questions on the neck pockets....measure twice cut once. 

Thanks for the interest guys, any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Nauset. :glasses9:

Hmmm.  How about just measuring the neck you receive?  It sounds like you're asking Warmoth staff to reverse engineer a neck pocket for you.  :icon_scratch:

Way ahead of you...started tearing down my SG today.  Sorry if my questions were too intrusive. It was unintended to be. Just looking for some help.  I am sure i can find what i need from my own builds. was hoping i didn't have to break them down to do so...but what the hell i can do that.  Thanks for you help!

Nauset said:
Way ahead of you...started tearing down my SG today.  Sorry if my questions were too intrusive. It was unintended to be. Just looking for some help.  I am sure i can find what i need from my own builds. was hoping i didn't have to break them down to do so...but what the hell i can do that.   Thanks for you help!

If you don't already work as a government or corporate spokesman, you are missing your calling.

???

Back