My First Build - Vintage-inspired Strat!

fitterhappier

Hi all!  Wanted to post a pic of my very first Warmoth build.  Putting together a vintage-inspired Strat but with some modern touches.  Just got the body last night, and making good progress on assembly/setup.

It's fairly standard - fiesta red Strat with a tortoise pickguard. I did decide to go with a hard-tail bridge for this build, as well as opt for an HSS configuration.  I'm using a JB in the bridge (swapped with an alnico 5 roughcast magnet), 5/2 in the middle and an SSL-5 in the neck.  5-way superswitch courtesy of 920D Customs.

The neck is Fender - it's a MIM roasted maple with a "flat oval" profile (feels like a thin U) and has jumbo frets & pau ferro board.  12" radius which is a nice change of pace from my usual 9.5" necks.

Hardware is a combination of aged metal and cream plastic covers.  I'm excited/nervous as I'm going through the process - the last time I attempted a full build was nearly 20 yrs ago when I tried to rebuild a neglected 90s Peavey Predator.  That one ended up going to a shop (still have it though).  Really appreciate the great tips on the site and willingness to share.

More to come!

Attachments

• IMG_4699.png
    IMG_4699.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 258
  • IMG_7047.png
    IMG_7047.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 192
Back