Jazzblaster Fusion, continued...

Frankly, the controls on this particular JM are stunningly easy to work with.  Well, will be when I get the wiring sorted.  The trem is a little over sensitive (compared to the bigsby I'm used to), but that's just what you get used to.

Redoing the wiring this morning.  Hopefully will correct the out of phase problem.
Whoever said: "do-overs are a bitch" had a gift for understatement.

Custom-Wiring-JMHB_RevB-1_zps5e247505.jpg

Well, that worked, although the tone controls operate in the wrong direction.  :doh:
That I can get used to, as with these pickups, the only reason I'd use the tone controls were if there were something off with the amp, or I was looking for a really rolled off (Metheney) sort of tone for a special effect.
Now I've got 5 really distinct sounds. 
The Jazzmaster neck is 'airy', open and elegant.  Pos'n 4 is a great funky rhythm sound, down a bit in volume but up in treble from the bridge single coil.  Pos'n 3 is full volume neck with the added dimension of the bridge pickup, like a louder version of Pos'n 4.
Pos'n 2 is a tele twang, and has a country sound to it.  Pos'n 1 is the humbucker, one of the most balanced I've ever used, great separation of notes even when distorted.
I'm going to stop posting, and go play!

Thanks Jumble and TroubledTreble for getting me through that.

:guitaristgif:

Update:
I've actually been playing this thing (though you might not have guessed from the video).  So I thought I'd show you what it sounds like.
http://youtu.be/s5IuNadXq0Y

This is a Jim Thomas inspired thing I'm working on.  Hoping to put together a surfy post-rock kinda group.  Got some good people, just none who want to do the composing.  Since I've never done much composing, I figured I'd better get cracking.
This is the jazzmaster neck pup and the humbucker (though I futz with the switch in the middle..) going through the Stiletto Ace you see in the back.  Mural by the previous owner of the house.

I concur!  Nice work, Tyler.  Good tone, tasteful playing.  I gotta get up to your neighborhood to jam sometime...

Bagman67 said:
I concur!  Nice work, Tyler.  Good tone, tasteful playing.  I gotta get up to your neighborhood to jam sometime...

Yeah, actually I could use a second guitar in this project, especially someone who can compose!  And THANKS!

tylereot said:
Update:
I've actually been playing this thing (though you might not have guessed from the video).  So I thought I'd show you what it sounds like.

This is a Jim Thomas inspired thing I'm working on.  Hoping to put together a surfy post-rock kinda group.  Got some good people, just none who want to do the composing.  Since I've never done much composing, I figured I'd better get cracking.
This is the jazzmaster neck pup and the humbucker (though I futz with the switch in the middle..) going through the Stiletto Ace you see in the back.  Mural by the previous owner of the house.

This is great! It's been a joy to see this come together and hear the end result. Nice work!

reluctant-builder said:
tylereot said:
Update:

This is great! It's been a joy to see this come together and hear the end result. Nice work!

Thanks, RB, it's been great to have you in my corner.

Back