Greatest Supergroup ever?

Wow! I would have never put those two together, Damn good! Too bad he trashed the tele  :sad: Tom Petty is one of the very best! Speaking of great bands I'm off to see The Eagles live this weekend  :cool01: And John Fogerty !! Gonna be great  :headbang:

vanhagar said:
Wow! I would have never put those two together, Damn good! Too bad he trashed the tele   :sad: Tom Petty is one of the very best! Speaking of great bands I'm off to see The Eagles live this weekend   :cool01: And John Fogerty !! Gonna be great  :headbang:

That has the potential to be a great show.  I saw the Three Dog Night reunion about 10 years ago.  Those guys must've hit up the Geritol before the show, because they rocked!

ZZ Top will be in Milwaukee on the 29th :)

And the MELVINS are right here in Madison on Sunday!!!  At my favorite venue too. :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1:

Oh, and the video I posted above has horrible quality and most of the song is missing (I was at work so I didn't watch before posting).  Here's a much better version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO8YdPnyKnQ&feature=related

Max,  my dad saw zz top a month or two ago. Said they were awesome, completely 'on'. And up to the same old antics.

I was at the Eagles concert in Moncton, NB this weedend, wow what a show !! and Fogerty put on a great show!! I'll see if I can post some footage we took a little later. And no I didn't misspell weekend, there was plenty of smoke for everyone  :toothy12:

I'd skip Boston and Styx for sure. Both bands don't have their original singers. I doubt anyone can replace Brad Delp. And as far as Styx goes... eh... they suck even with Dennis DeYoung hahaha ;)

I agree on the Styx comment, I think they spelled the name wrong, should be "Stinks"  :laughing3:

my supergroup

guitar/vocals- david gilmour

bass/vocals - roger waters

drums- nick mason

keyboards- richard wright

:guitaristgif: :guitaristgif: :guitaristgif: :guitaristgif: :eek:ccasion14:

I may be repeating what I've said already here, but this is about as super a group can get:

Adrian Belew - guitar/vocals
Robert Fripp - guitar
Tony Levin - stick/bass guitar
Pat Mastelotto - drums
Gavin Harrison - drums

Currently on tour.

(John Fogerty?!)

I'm a little more "modern" as this is a pretty damn good "supergroup" for my tastes...
(In no particular order)
281x211.jpg

Vocals - Phil Anselmo (Pantera, Superjoint Ritual)
Lead Guitar - Pepper Keenan (Corrosion Of Conformity)
Rhythm Guitar - Kirk Windstein (Crowbar, Kingdom Of Sorrow)
Bass - Rex Brown (Pantera)
Drums - Jimmy Bower (Eyehategod, Crowbar, Superjoint Ritual)

:party07: :headbang1:

Sir SchmoopY (Gimmpy) said:
what are they called and why haven't I heard of them.

nevermind I found it.

Never heard of Down?! That right there is crazy talk, my friend. :laughing7:

Not my cup of tea, the seem played out.  Phil just got dumb during/after the heroin.

Huge fan of pantera, don't like damage plan, or Superjoint Ritual.

Sir SchmoopY (Gimmpy) said:
Not my cup of tea, the seem played out.  Phil just got dumb during/after the heroin.

Huge fan of pantera, don't like damage plan, or Superjoint Ritual.

I've liked (well, still do) all of those bands. But, I do agree that Phil is a douchebag. Dig the music, not him.

Back