Greatest Supergroup ever?

hey orpheo, nick kinda aint in QOTSA anymore...the new guys pretty decent though.

oh, and joey is a MONSTER. i saw them about a month ago. he came out shirtless, covered in tats. broke two sets of sticks in the first song  :headbang1:

glad to see mention of alter bridges Myles Kennedy. that dude has monster pipes.

oh, and i know Flea is an absolute gun. however, his live tone sucks. its so trebly and thin, and coupled with just ol john with single coil strat... the chillis had a very very disappointing live sound when i saw them last year

rightintheface, I assume you were talking to me, not Orpheo... yes, Nick is no longer in the band.  But THIS will always be the Queens for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMd6CcX7yPA

I'm going to revive this thread for no reason.

The Beatles were the best supergroup ever.
Let's add clapton and the stones to the mix, and pretend it's 1967, so everybody's gettin along. Maybe the who, as well. That would be interesting.

-CB- said:
By far, Alvin and the Chipmunks.   Nobody else even comes close.

"THE SILICONE CHIPmunks"

Guitars :- CB,Jackthehack. Bass :- RLW, WillyK. Drums/vocals :- Pamela Anderson.

merchandising:~ DangerousR6. publicist:~ NonsenseTele. tour management:~ Jimh, Ted.

special guests:~ Gregg Stewart and the "Warmoholic Allstars"​

:doh:

I'm game.....When do we start?

Doc'n'Rock for medical support....... obviously !
Schmoopy for comedy warm up act ! ! ! !

willyk said:
-CB- said:
By far, Alvin and the Chipmunks.   Nobody else even comes close.

"THE SILICONE CHIPmunks"

Guitars :- CB,Jackthehack. Bass :- RLW, WillyK. Drums/vocals :- Pamela Anderson.

merchandising:~ DangerousR6. publicist:~ NonsenseTele. tour management:~ Jimh, Ted.

special guests:~ Gregg Stewart and the "Warmoholic Allstars"​

:doh:

I play keyboards/organ as well and can supply the dancing girls. Pam's looking really beat after Tommy Lee/Kid Rock....

Gotta say I feel a bit left out :(  I'd love to step in for drums or vocals but I'm horrifically bad at both.  Any opening for a cowbell player?  :dontknow:

Hey dbw, I got left out too, so we will just have to start the other, infinitely more evil Warmoth supergroup.  We will be so brutal the universe will regress back into itself.  Oh, yeah, and I play a mean melodica.

dbw said:
Gotta say I feel a bit left out :(  I'd love to step in for drums or vocals but I'm horrifically bad at both.  Any opening for a cowbell player?   :dontknow:
guitlouie said:
Hey dbw, I got left out too, so we will just have to start the other, infinitely more evil Warmoth supergroup.  We will be so brutal the universe will regress back into itself.  Oh, yeah, and I play a mean melodica.

Guess you guys didn't make the "Allstars" either eh?.....well OK you're both hired  :headbang:   melodica, cow bell and Jack playing on his organ.. :headbang1:

Anybody wanna drive the bus? :laughing7:

jimh said:
I'm game.....When do we start?

Doc'n'Rock for medical support....... obviously !
Schmoopy for comedy warm up act ! ! ! !

Can I get paid in ben and jerry's?

My maybe in some parallel universe supergroup

guitar : J Mascis ( Dinosaur Jr )
guitar : Sonny Sharrock
bass & programming : Tom Jenkinson ( Squarepusher )
drums : Ginger Baker
sarod : Ali Akbar Khan
keyboard : Jackie Mittoo
vocals : Yma Sumac

this lineup would disrupt the space/time continuum beautifully...

Man that video with yoko,John,Keith, and that guy on the violin really sucked!!! It's gonna take all day to get that out of my head, sorry guys just an opinion  :laughing7: I like simple 4 piece bands

Drums, Keith Moon
Lead guitar, SRV
Rythm guitar, Eric Clapton
Bass, Bill Wyman

Stevie and Eric could share the vocals  :hello2:

TexxasJam said:
Did you all see that magazine cover with Jack White and Mick Jagger and Keith Richards? (This month, I can't remember which magazine) Anyway, Jack has a stupid smile on his face like hes about to wet himself with excitement.

You WOULDN'T wet yourself?!?!

I'd piss myself like a horse in the wild.

True Max! Probably end up with a duel between SRV and Keith to see who gets to end the song with a bang or crash  :laughing3:

Also, with Clapton and Vaughn, you could even have a lot of twin-lead guitars in there! I think the yardbirds did that before...

Tom Petty - vocals / rhythm
Dhani Harrison - rhythm
Prince - lead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7mSuNMZgUY

:headbang1:

Back